Saturday, January 14, 2017

Upcoming Adventures

While we hope you are cozied up stitching on something - maybe you want to plan a trip when the weather turns to spring (at least in our hemisphere).

Polly and I are thrilled to be going back to Nantes France for the Pour l'Amour du Fil Show put on by Quiltmania Magazine.  We will teach a couple of classes, sign books (yeah!) and meet and talk with all who attend.  We LOVE this show and you will too.  The ink will barely be dry on these books when we are in Nantes.  If you can't make it to the show - know we will be putting up pre-sales of the book in late February or early March in our Etsy shop.

What else has been going on?....... I have had my nose to the grindstone getting my "chores" done.  Tax papers are in order, Inventory has been taken, quilts have been sketched, and the quilting on the red and green Irish Chain is almost done.  I'll show the finished, bound, and washed quilt to you next week.



There is something pretty exciting about having all your chores done and being able to make something new.

Laters,

Laurie

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am wondering what is that bar that you have across the wall in back of your sewing machine to hold things - do you make this yourself or was it purchased? Have fun in France

Laurie said...

Karen

I got it at IKEA. They have several lengths, colors and styles. Different buckets to hang, you get the idea...... It's handy and it was a steal (even for IKEA).

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Exciting things coming from you girls--looking forward to adding your book to my library. Wish my stitching area was as neat as yours

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love the peek into your studio! And blue & white quilts! Looking fwd to it!

Hildy said...

Can't wait till your book will be released! I'm happy that this year so many great quilt books will be available my wishlist is overflowing. Have a great time in France.

Phyllis said...

I so look forward to meeting you in Nantes! Unfortunately the organisation changed the times/dates of the show (have you e v e r heard of such a thing?!) after I booked my flights and hotel. So now rather than having 2 full days at the show (Wednesday and Thursday) I only have preview night on Wednesday and the whole day on Thursday. Will definitely buy your book there, hope you will be able to sign it for me :-)

Laurie said...

@phyllis

It wasn't Quiltmania's fault. The venue double booked the convention center. Our original set up day is really the last day of the previous convention. Quiltmania has done everything they could do make it work. Their other option was to move the show to another week. We now have only a few hours to set up instead of a day, but we are going to make it work and I too look forward to meeting you in Nantes.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth J. Beal said...

Wow, what a neat and pretty work space! I love it!

Jonnie Nottingham said...

Hi, Jonnie Nottingham here. I'm with the Lakeview Quilter's Guild in Houston, TX and we'd like to schedule a workshop/lecture. Are you still traveling and teaching?
Thanks so much. jonnienottingham@aol.com

leang heng said...

I so look forward to meeting you in Nantes!

สูตรบาคาร่า
goldenslot

Blog Archive