Friday, December 18, 2015

Colors of the Year - 2016

Have you seen all the hubbub about Pantone's™ pick for color of the year?  First of all - they picked 2 colors instead of 1.

There was much love AND hate spewed over the choices.  What do I think? I Think that it was certainly a better choice than last year, and I happen to love me some blue and pink -  But hey, who cares what I think.  I do know that these 2 colors will feature in one of our upcoming projects this year - mixed all in with our red, whites, and blues.  While working on this top secret project (to be unveiled this spring) - we have a bit of fabric left over to share.

I have cut a few fat quarter bundles of the Serenity/Bliss color combo.  You can find them here in our etsy store!  And as you probably know - it's all Moda - all the time.

Laters,

Laurie


9 comments:

Janet said...

You make the Pantone colors actually look good when you mix in some darks and polka dots. I can't wait to see your super secret project . :0)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hmm, pink not one of my favorite colors and not big on polka dots. I am willing to wait to pass judgement until the super secret project is revealed

Sharon A. said...

I agree...love Moda, all the time! Anxious for this reveal as I love all those colors together. Merry Christmas, Laurie!

mascanlon said...

Not my favorite although I did have pinky/ peachy cabinets in the 80s. But I live polka dots!

Hildy said...

I think blue and pink are classics for a reason and at least to can easily mix them with other colors.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I'm not so much a fan of baby blue and pink put together, but I agree--it's a lot better than this years color!!

the girlfriend gap said...

Despite the critics ....You know Laurie when you get done working your magic with these colors that we are all going to be wanting MORE Serenity and Rose Quartz . Janita

Linda Enneking said...

I don't know where I have been, but I never found out what this year's color is.

sue said...

Can't wait to see what you designed.

Blog Archive