Friday, October 9, 2015

Have Quilts - Will Travel

The 3 suitcases on the floor are packed with quilts.  The little suitcase on the cutting table will hold my clothes.  I'm packing for a little jaunt to the west coast this weekend.  I'll be at the Flying Geese Quilt Guild in Irvine California for a class and a trunk show.  Maybe I'll see you there!

The pre-market work goes on.  Fabric has been received and it is being transformed into quilts.  I can't show a lot yet - but here is a hint.....

 This is the selvedge from one of the fabrics

It won't be long before you get to see it all....

What else has been taking up my time here?  Shoe shopping.  I succumbed to these.  I did need boots - and these called out to me.
 They are functional, well made boots.  As for the rest,  I guess I'm not handling middle age as well as I should. My inner pre-teen is enjoying the heck out of these boots. The Michigan weather is doing it's part too. Very soon it will be boots all day long.

And Quilt Market means new shoes too - and the next couple of weeks I will break these in.  You never want to go to Market in BRAND NEW shoes.  Long days on your feet need well broken in shoes.

This arrived this week - the new issue of Simply Moderne - the Quiltmania magazine dedicated to modern quilting.  I was honored they chose Polka Dot Garden to be in the magazine and they published a lovely photograph.  I hope to have more of these kits available soon.  I am still waiting for some fabric to ship - and when I get back from Quilt Market at the end of the month they should be in our Etsy shop.


This is what the cover looks like.  You can find it at quilt shops and book stores.

Laters,

Laurie

11 comments:

Kathryn said...

so who makes those flowery boots? They are a hoot!

Hildy said...

Love your new boots! And can't wait to see new quilty stuff;-)

Vicky said...

Darn, I'm not on that coast any more! Have fun in CA. Love the boots.

Janet said...

Can't wait for tomorrow's workshop and your guild presentation (and sorry about the heat wave you'll be greeted with!).

LOVE the boots!

Laurie said...

The boots are from the Doc Marten website. Click on the "clearance" section - there are some still there.

Pam said...

Have fun in CA! I'd love to attend your trunk show - coming to Chicago anytime soon? And that selvage is just a tease :)

Janet said...

I am SO suggestible ... just bought the boots!

Karen said...

What a coincidence -- I JUST finished reading my new copy of Simply Moderne and was admiring your quilt. Love the boots!!

Chelseayhun said...

have a safe trip and nice adventure


Veritable Tech Support Shortel Inflow Comm

Briarose said...

don't you just love those boots? So comfy....I picked up a pair while in England....

You want to check out Shoretel Support said...

I'm well-informed with this article. Great!

Blog Archive