Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Final Prep

The last binding has been sewn on a new batch of quilts.
As you can see I rely on the old school method of throwing the binding onto the floor, just to my right, as I stitch it on the quilt.  

My bags will be packed again tomorrow and I anxiously await my alter ego "Quilt Show Laurie" to arrive.  She is less of a hermit than regular Laurie and she likes to wear new shoes.

My trip to Southern California was great fun and the charming ladies of the Flying Geese Quilt Guild sure know how to make someone feel welcome.  After a great day teaching, we did a little road trip and saw these beauties at Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop.

Polka Dots and Paisleys mixing all up with lots of other luscious fabric! 

Next we headed to Temecula and visited The Wool Lady......
and the Temecula Quilt Company.  Fine establishments all around and I ended up buying lovely things.
The last stop of the day was the Fat Quarter Quilt Shop.  I wish I had a good photo.... but just take my word for it - it's a wonderful shop.

Soon I was back home finishing up all the new quilts for International Quilt Market.  This was in my quilting hoop 2 nights ago.  It's finished and ready to pack.

Can I say it's my favorite group so far? Really.  

I hope to post from Houston.  I'll have an honest-to-god, real laptop with me and the internet better watch out!  As always, follow me on Instagram for more immediate fabric thrills.  

Laters,

Laurie


14 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love what I see in the hoop. I look forward to seeing photos from market.

Debbie

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I'm a floor binder too--just have to be artful not to wind it up in my chairs wheels (speaking from experience). I'm looking forward to market reports!

Ashleen Philipps said...

nice photos i like it


Phoenix Web Site Design

Vicky said...

Oh, gosh, seeing those shops makes me homesick for the other LA! Really looking forward to seeing your both and new quilts displayed at Market. Please take lots of pics!

Janet said...

Hope that means you'll be coming back soon! I can't believe you're already on the binding on that gorgeous quilt! Have a great time at Market!

Pamela Tasker said...

You are a very lucky lady ! Wonderful travels. As always thank you for your inspiration and love seeing your gorgeous quilts with your lovely quilting on and off your hoop !! Pam T., Dexter

Janet said...

I love following your fabric thrills :0) I bind that way too. Have fun at market! Can't wait to see your new quilts!!

livelymonkey said...

What quilt is that that you show in the hoop? (Reds, applique....etc.) It looks beautiful.

Kwiltsfl said...

Oooooo - lots of photos please! I always love your booth. Wish I could be there this year..... ~ Karen

mascanlon said...

Love all of those shops! Glad you had a great trip and looking forward to full reveal!

woolwoman said...

Red and White sure is yummy ! looks like a fun trip to CA. Enjoy Houston - hey to Polly !

Hildy said...

Have fun at quilt market:-)

cheryl warstler said...

I really love the hand work you are doing....what kind of threads do you use for the colored stitching? I just realized that Austin Bluebird has a bunch of handwork quilting stitches on it as well, so am looking for more info on that as we are working on the BOM at my local shop, Grand Country Quilters.
thanks for the great fabrics and patterns.

Aunt TC said...

I really enjoyed my big stitch class with you. I hope y'll come back and share your quilts with us again soon or for a little vacation when the snow has piled up one too many times. CA has a great show - ROAD - in January. I didn't see those snazzy flowered boots in California. Thry'll be fine in January.

Blog Archive