Wednesday, August 12, 2015

WIP Wednesday

This is a late post for a Work In Progress Wednesday - and it's not the usual WIP

You would think a simple remodel wouldn't take up 6 months of our lives - but you would be wrong.  The new studio is not finished, but ALMOST.

I'm typing this right now in the studio and the new tv is sort of hooked up.  I can get cable, and it says it's hooked up to wi-fi but I can't connect to streaming tv.

The more modern conveniences we have the more complicated life becomes.  The cable guy is stopping by tomorrow for the 3rd time this week.  We're becoming pals.

This was a few days ago and I actually cut some quilt kits on my new cutting table.  Ignore the rest of the chaos in the background.

This cutie (who was rescued from a local flea market) is guarding my thread cabinet.  All my threads in one place.  I get kind of choked up just thinking about it.

This sits just to the right of my computer and holds ice cold bottled water and Coke Life and possibly 1 bottle of Coca Cola in the tiny glass bottle.  Swoon.

This is the desk that Bill built for me.  The bare spot in the middle will hold my sewing machine and underneath the remote controls is my ironing board.  I'm trying to ignore all the electrical cords that are messing up my pristine, orange, view.

So, that's my WIP this week.  My goal is to actually have a quilty project to show you next week.  Fingers crossed.

Laters,

Laurie

13 comments:

Angie said...

Everything looks great, but I'm especially in awe of your cutting table! Here's to many happy stitching hours in the new studio!

Izzy said...

You have plenty of natural light !! I was wondering if you have a Roku ?? If you are talking about Acorn TV , other wise you may need to hook up your laptop to your new TV and use it as a monitor , a big one.. I use my tv as a monitor for Acorn TV and watch all my programs on the TV monitor which is way bigger than my laptop..

Elaine said...

Love your new studio!

Hildy said...

Love your new place:-)

twoives said...

Your new studio is fab! I do love your new cutting table! And your orange fridge.

Vicky said...

Perfection takes time, and your studio is perfect!

Anonymous said...

For the red, white, and blue designer that you are, the orange in your sewing room was a surprise. Sure looks stylish in there and so will you. Stephani in N. TX (Tomazac@aol.com)

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Looks great! Enjoy!

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

I LoVe your new studio! Awesome cutting table and great sewing spaces! You're going to LoVe sewing and creating now!
Marg.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Remodels seem to take forever! You are going to have such a wonderful space when finished--everything you need right at your fingertips. And the best part, you can close the door walk upstairs and the goodness is waiting for you when you decide to return.

Courtenay Hughes said...

Looks great and I LOVE the orange!

Robin said...

That orange refrigerator makes me thirsty!

Quilting by the Lake said...

Hi Laurie, Do tell us about this large pressing pad shown on your table. Did you make it? Is this your primary pressing place? If you made it, how thick is the board (if you used a board?). What size is it?...covered with batting?....and the what is the cover made out of? Inquiring minds want to know....thank you. I have a small area to work in and something like this looks easy to pick up and move out it the way if necessary.

Blog Archive