Sunday, August 23, 2015

Slowdown Sunday

The remodel is done (except for painting the door and replacing glass in the window).  The final inspection is in a few days.  I've actually been working in my new space this week and it's functioning very, very well.

 I'm getting back into the swing of things.  The drafting table is ready to go and the 6ft cutting table is working very well - with a top secret project in progress.  That mess on the bottom right is Gibby's bed.  He's very good company throughout the creative process.
 The fabric is all stacked neatly - with room to spare.  I've been working with this stash all week and it's still tidy.  Shall we take bets on how long it stays that way?
 The neatness moves over onto the other wall.  I'm a happy gal.
The new shower is pretty nifty too.

I even managed to install Roku on the tv.  That means Netflix and Acorn tv is alive and well in the studio.  British murder mysteries 24/7.

I now have a design wall.  Never had one before and I'm pinching myself.  Here it is holding ALL of the Log Cabin Swap blocks.  If I buckle down, I might get these all pieced together before my next trip later this week.


My Star A Day blocks are starting to add up too.

I made a spectacular peach upside-down cake last night.  The recipe makes a small 8" x 8" cake and the fresh peaches at the Farmer's Market were wonderful.  Here is the recipe.

Laters,

Laurie

24 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your new space looks awesome and I hope it stays nice and tidy for a while, although that would probably mean you aren't making lots of new tempting designs! The little stars are so cute!

Hildy said...

Love your new studio it looks wonderful! And yeah for mystery series:-)

linda diane said...

WOW! You like the same kind of tv that I do. Watch The Spiral on Netflix. Although it is English subtitles, you will love, love, love it.

Laurie said...

@linda diane

I did watch Spiral. I pretended that I improved my French by listening to it. If you don't mind foreign language shows - try Wallander - the original in Swedish (the one with Kenneth Branaugh is great too). We really enjoyed that one. The foreign language ones are great, but I can only watch when I'm doing hand work - and even then - I'm not very speedy. It's worth it though.

Elaine said...

Love your new space, enjoy! Waiting anxiously for Polka Dots & Paisley!

AnnieO said...

Wonderful workspace and surrounding comforts of home. Someday I hope to have a design wall too!

Pdudgeon said...

everything looks fabulous!
thanks so much for including the yummy peach upside down cake
I'm gonna have to try that this week.

SharoninStitches said...

Love your workspace and am very envious. The shower is to die for! Very nice choices! Go Blue!

vickiroma said...

Thank you SO much for telling us about Acorn TV...it's just what I've been looking for! I love British murder mysteries, too! Your new workspace looks just wonderful...Know you will have a great time in there! Jealous!!

Every Stitch said...

Looking good! Great projects - I especially love the star-a-days. I'm another British murder mystery addict, with a large DVD collection, so am green with envy at your arrangement. I don't expect you'll need to leave the room very often...:)

Jessie Fincham said...

Fantastic!! and with a shower in there too? Just get a mini fridge and you never have to leave!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Just keeps getting better and better. You will so love having all "your stuff" together in one space. And if you don't feel like cleaning up, just close the door and walk upstairs. How difficult was it to install Roku?

Laurie said...

@Samplings from Spring Creek

Roku was easy. I got the one that looks like a flash drive. I just plugged it into the back of the tv and followed the prompts. At first we had an issue with weak wi-fi, but that was fixed.

Laurie

beth s said...

YOu have a beautiful space there! Thanks for the recipe. Sounds yummy!

kshackabq said...

You go girl!

Jay said...

Your studio space is gorgeous! I'm sure that you're enjoying it very much. I especially like your new cutting table. Where did you but that? Is it an antique or is it commercially available? Best regards, Jay

Laurie said...

@Jay

the cutting table is a "shipping table" and I purchased it from Uline. There are several options for size and table top finishes - and if you want it on wheels or not. With the wheels it's 36" tall and the perfect height for cutting.

Laurie

badlandsquilts said...

Looks awesome! Congratulations!

Donna said...

Wow! What a nice studio, love your cutting table and everything about your space. I love the British mysteries also when I sew.
I hope you have many happy times in your studio!

Jan Hutchison said...

I tried the peach cake - that recipe is definitely a keeper! My sewing group loved it.

cityquilter grace said...

oh beautiful space...you are blessed, esp with acorn tv....love it!

Elaine K said...

Your studio turned out fabulous! It will be wonderful to see what you create now! And glad Gibby has his own little space to keep you company!

Sharon Grieser said...

Looking forward to heating up the kitchen to make that peach cake! Your space is beautiful!

Kwiltsfl said...

I love your new space - and your Star a Day blocks! Will the background squares be scrappy, too, or all one fabric? ~ Karen

Blog Archive