Saturday, August 1, 2015

Going In The Right Direction

Is the studio finished? No, but it's starting to shape up.

Gibby approves of the new quilt storage shelves.  Bill converted the bedroom closet to hold lots of quilts.  
My new stitching chair is calling out to me.
New white metal shelves from ikea will hold fabric.  This back wall of the studio is basement level, while the front of the studio is 1st floor level.  We are built into the side of a hill.
Oh look!  It didn't take me long to start putting things away!
Bill is putting together my cutting table.  I'm thrilled that I'll be able to have a huge cutting mat to fit.





In other news.......We have just gotten these into our Etsy store!! These template grips are invaluable for small acrylic templates (like Star A Day and Mrs. Billings Coverlet).  You can find them HERE in our store.


This is how I apply them on my Star A Day templates.  I cut them in half to fit on the small edge.  This makes a HUGE difference.  I'm sorry we didn't have them in stock before, but it's not too late.

Laters,

Laurie

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful looking space so far. Where did you get your cutting table? I Hope you post some pics of the completed studio.

Bev in NS beverlydotwoodatmedotcom

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, looking forward to more pics as you progress! Thanks you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your husband is being a dear in helping. Love what you have accomplished.

Mimi said...

Oh!!! I have to know....what brand is your cutting table. Looks great; and I have been looking for something to go in my longarm area.

Elaine said...

It's looking fantastic! I LOVE your stitching chair!

Hildy said...

Love all the storage you have in your new studio!

Laurie said...

Everyone...... I didn't get the cutting table from a company that sells cutting tables. It's a "shipping" table (which happens to be on wheels and is exactly the right height for cutting - and it's adjustable!!!) that I purchased from Uline. Uline is the company I order boxes, bags, and manila envelopes from for shipping. I was just perusing the catalog and saw it. I ordered the huge drawer to go underneath it and it will hold all of my rulers. It's not pretty like some - but it is uber functional

Izzy said...

Looking good !! I assume it is one space you get to decorate or not whatever way you like ??

Honeysuckle Haven Cottage said...

Great storage! Lucky you :)

Arvie Wilson said...

wow..... beautiful.... nice place
Click here for Fishing Trips Alaska website

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohhh those new studio shots are pretty cool. Orange! I guess I shouldn't be surprised after the refrigerator. I can't wait for the reveal. I'm envious of course.

Lisa S. said...

Your studio is looking good!!

Susan Kane said...

Now that I have finished drooling...what a marvelous room! To be able to see all the fabric, instead of hunting through boxes must be a blessing.

45th Parallel Quilter said...

Does Gibby have a little "boxer" in his genetic line? He looks adorable and seems more than capable of keeping the new sewing room project moving .... Linda

web lol said...

kul post

rosemarie garone said...

okay girl where did you get those boots. I love em!

Blog Archive