Thursday, July 9, 2015

Thursday Update

The remodeling work is ongoing.  The bathroom tile and the drywall is being finished today.  Hopefully there will be some pictures to share soon.

I am on Month 8 of the Austin Bluebird Sampler and I started this appliqué last night while watching Brokenwood - a New Zealand Murder Mystery series on Acorn tv.  The weather has been blissfully cool so far this summer and I stitched last night with sweatpants, sweatshirt, and socks on.

We received some lovely German scissors this week.  They got here a bit late for our American Summer sale, but that doesn't make them any less yummy. This is the larger pair with it's red leather sheath.  You can find them HERE.

These are the little bit smaller pair.  The finger holes are smaller and the tip is extra tapered for a very slim tip.  You can find them HERE

Are you on Instagram?  Oh my! So much great visual inspiration.  The last few weeks several quilt shops in Australia posted new fabrics.  I saw in several places an outrageous orange toile.  Oh how I wanted some.  Then Joanna from Fig Tree went to Paris and posted a photo of the same beautiful fabric.  I needed a piece of it.  I sent away to Australia for some coveted yardage.  What this eventually turns into is a mystery.  For now, just owning it is enough.

I don't suppose you have wanted something that was questionably useful - but you still had to have it.  It reminds me of the sets and costumes of one of my favorite Jane Austen adaptions - the 2009 version of Emma.
A few of you asked about the Log Cabin Swap I'm involved with.  
You can find out all the info HERE and organize your own swap.  

Laters, 

Laurie

6 comments:

Elaine K said...

Oh those scissors... someday I will splurge! Glad you are still posting to your blog and not abandoning it for Instagram. I am so looking forward to seeing progress of your remodel!

Janet said...

That toile is outrageous :0) Totally get why you needed some!

Anita said...

Love that orange toile too ever since I saw Fig Trees post with it, can you tell me what the name of the collection is? I thought it was a vintage find so am hopeful I can purchase some now too :)

cityquilter grace said...

oooh thanks for the tip on acorn tv....we usually get dvds from the library but often have to wait plus drive to and from....now this is easier and more complete!

Carole~Wheels on the Warrandyte Bus said...

Love that toile- where in Australia did you purchase it from? What do you use to mark the applique design on the dark blue fabric?

Carole~Wheels on the Warrandyte Bus said...

Love that toile- where in Australia did you purchase it from? What do you use to mark the applique design on the dark blue fabric?

Blog Archive