Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday At The Market and Other Stuff

Oy!  So glad to be finally able to post here.  It took 2 hours to get these photos from my phone onto this blog post.  Never fear...... the glitchy Mac won't be making the trip to the new studio.  A new Mac is being built, as we speak, to fulfill it's quilty destiny.  If all goes to plan.... I'll start moving in fabric and books a week from now.  The only thing that might hold us up is some light fixtures are on order and I guess we can't get the final inspection until all light fixtures are in place.

So, this was my haul from the Farmer's Market this morning.  In about an hour I will start the pasta salad with heirloom tomatoes and bake a cherry clafoutis.  I saw this recipe a day or so ago and will try it.  Looks super simple.

Timing is everything.  I don't have the new fabric yet so all my time is spent getting the future studio in place.  That means basically I watch guys do sweaty stuff and  I order new stuff online.  I'm pretty good at the ordering stuff.  In the evenings I'm finishing up old projects and starting new ones.  I started this last night - the Star A Day quilt designed by Karen Styles of Somerset Patchwork.
  It's called Star A Day because you make one 3" star block a day for a year (that's correct - 3")  It takes 365 star blocks to make this 81" square beauty.  A slow stitching project that needs nothing but scraps?!?!?  Count me in!
I made my first one last night.  I don't have the background squares and triangles in yet.

I even made a few more.  A perfect quiet, peaceful project that lends itself quite well for travel

Just mark and cut a few ahead and you have lots of stitching to do on the road, on your commute, or on vacation.  We have the pattern and the accompanying templates HERE in our etsy store.

Now, it's time to check on Bill in the garage.  He's making shelves and there are a lot of power tools involved.

Laters,

Laurie

7 comments:

MOM Quilts said...

I love the way of "getting the future studio in place".
I think I might be good at it also. Especially the ordering part...

moosecraft said...

Sounds like FUN! I'm glad it's all coming together! Looking forward to the big reveal! :-)

Pam said...

Is it August-September-October yet?? I'm feeling particularly antsy for the new kits to arrive :) Can't wait to see pics of the new studio - I bet it's going to be so amazing! I have a small bedroom to sew in (it's . . . uh - cozy) so I always enjoy seeing where other people sew. I have the Star A Day pattern too but I can't start it because I'm not far enough behind everyone else yet. Thanks for sharing your progress!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I share that talent of ordering too--or maybe it's an affliction?? Love the little stars--it's going to be fun watching it grow. After several years, I finally finished Chippewa Nine Patch this Sunday--yay!

cityquilter grace said...

our countertop is also laden with delish farmstand goodies....wonderful time of year!..nice star blocks...

mascanlon said...

I made a Rustic peach pie this week, it was yummy. Now I am off to check out this recipe! I order lots on line too and am anxious for the kit to arrive but since I have plenty of projects in the works I won't be bored! And like everyone, looking forwRd to the bid reveal.

quiltygal said...

Love Karens patterns just have to find the time to do some :)

Blog Archive