Monday, May 18, 2015

Back From Minneapolis

We're back. We're exhausted. We had a wonderful time.  We had our priorities in order.  Once we hung up the quilts - we started to charge our phones.
The theme seemed to be Buttons!  I believe every one's luggage clanked a bit when it went through security.  

The new thing that was unveiled was this new Moda pre-cut/beautiful thing.  It's called a Frivol™.  It's a 7" square pre-cut, a pattern, and some other wonderful things.  This is the Minick and Simpson Frivol™ and we will be offering them in our Etsy store in October.  The quilt in the background can be made with the Frivol™.  

I came home to mounds of mail and loads of laundry.  I also saw that we sold out of several items in our Etsy store.  I loaded up more of these.....

And these......

We now have these back in stock.  I know a lot of you have been waiting a long time.
Mrs. Billings Coverlet Patterns

Karen at Somerset Patchwork, who produces these patterns, showed me this new one - it's called STAR-A-DAY
This pattern, which has the acrylic templates included.....
lets you make adorable, teeny LeMoyne stars.  These are great for hand piecers.  The idea with this pattern is that you make one 3" LeMoyne star block a day - for one year - and you can make this 345 star quilt which finishes to a stunning 81" square. 
Karen has talked me into making this.  I'll start sometime next month as I have a boatload of other work in front of me right now.  But a star a day?!?! I can do that.  So can you.   I believe my scrap box is calling for a project like this. You can find the pattern HERE in our etsy store.

I'll have more soon.  I'm also supposed to remind you of our upcoming event.  We are going to have a American Summer sale starting on June 14th - Flag Day.  This sale will run for 1 week and we will have books and patterns on sale, special items, and even very special auctions for one of a kind stuff.  

Laters,

Laurie

16 comments:

Janet said...

I think the buttons are wonderful! Your quilts are beautifully displayed as well. That star-a-day quilt looks very tempting - it will be even more so in Minick and Simpson fabrics!!

Rebecca Stevens said...

I think you can thank Thelma at Cupcakes 'n Daisies for selling out of the Coastal Lily pattern ;-D She won First Place - Bed Quilts - Longarm Machine Quilted Category in Paducah at the AQS Show. She made an absolutely beautiful quilt with your pattern. I know it convinced me to purchase one! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful work.

Laurie said...

Rebecca

Oh, I DEFINITELY credit Thelma from Cupcakes and Daisies for selling out of that pattern! Ever since pictures of that quilt went viral on Pinterest - that pattern has been flying out of Ann Arbor. Thank you Thelma!!

Dee said...

Circle Garden, is it available in a kit? Love it - and would also love a button:)

Laurie said...

Dee

We will be selling PRE-kits in our American Summer sale. Most of the fabric won't ship until August/September, but they will be offered starting June 14th. Thanks

Laurie

YankeeQuilter said...

A local museum has a quilt I love done in very small lemoyne stars...this is tempting!

Pam said...

Hi Laurie! Glad you're back safely - I loved seeing all of the photos from Market. . . looks like a wonderful place to spend a few days :) I'm really looking forward to your American Summer sale - hope I can snag some goodies. I have been diligently working on Austin Bluebird and am happy to report that I'm almost finished! To reward myself (as if a finished top isn't it's own prize) I get to make that cute little coin purse!! Yay! Thank you for that. And thank you so much for offering this BOM - I loved (almost) every minute of piecing it.

moosecraft said...

Beautiful! Love the buttons and looking forward to stitching the Circle Garden quilt that's featured on the button! :-) The frivols tin looks interesting too...
In case my email did not get through... thanks again SO MUCH for the coin purse! :-)

Janet said...

Can't wait for the Frivol. Just went to Star-A-Day on Etsy and it is sold out. Will you be getting more? thank you!

Laurie said...

To Janet, and everyone else who asked.... Yes, I have more Star-A-Day ordered. Silly me who didn't order enough.

I'll keep you posted when they arrive

Laurie

Dee said...

I will mark on my calendar - so excited for Circle Garden.

Madame Purl said...

Any chance of getting more of the templates in the Etsy shop? Love that quilt.

woolwoman said...

shoot! I'm not a quilter but I have done a little hand piecing and would like to do more. I had myself talked into the Star a Day and dang if it didn't sell out. Glad to see there is more coming. Hope it's doable for a newbie, I am primarily a rug hooker, knitter and stitcher but always time for a new addiction right ! Hope you have a grand Memorial Day ! Mel

Madame Purl said...

Whohoo! Back in stock. I just got my star-a-day...now to just work on them a day at a time. :)

Penny said...

I'm a happy quilter! So glad that you received more copies of the star-a-day pattern & you shipped pattern to me so quickly ~ as always excellent customer service & I thank you so much! I also thank you for the extra gifties you included ~ I love the pin!

Grammy said...

I am absolutely crazy for your Polka Dot Garden quilt. I've ordered the pattern and can't wait for it to arrive. I think your buttons are sooo cute and you should sell them in your Etsy store too! I'd buy one for myself, and maybe event few for my friends! :)

Blog Archive