Saturday, March 7, 2015

Remember Me?

Yes, it's been awhile.  Things here have been a bit goofy.  There has been a lot of packing, de-cluttering, and recycling to thrift stores.  I wish it were more exciting, but it isn't.  All I know is that I hope this stage is temporary and we move soon. Unfortunately that can't happen until we sell this place.  Oh well, you know how it goes.

Also, my iPhone died and had to be replaced.  I googled the symptoms of my sick phone and you know what came up? "The Blue Screen Of Death". Yes, that pretty much summed it up.  In the midst of all that - I lost all the pictures on my iPhone.  It seems Life is trying to teach me a lesson. No pictures.  No clutter. No fabric and sewing notions.....  (I packed away 99.9% of all of that and am working out of ONE BOX of fabric and thread, people!)   This monastic life is sure a challenge.

No other news, except Polly and I have been inundated with lovely emails this week.  All of the people who are in our Austin Bluebird BOM (that quickly sold out last year - and thus The  Moda Kits happened! ) were treated to some gifts this month.  Suffice to say, our Minick and Simpson followers are the nicest people in the world.  Thank you everyone!

But what is a Minick and Simpson Blog post with out crooked, slightly out of focus pictures?!?!

Here is what I have collected on the new iPhone this week.  You're welcome!

 This is one of the TWO storage units being packed by yours truly. All of my sewing stuff is in there somewhere.
 Yes, it's still cold. Damn cold.  But the fashion choices just keep getting better.

 This is but a smidgen of my newest quilt.  I'll have more soon on this one.

 These are my NEW GLASSES! They are getting lenses in them right now.  I hope to have these back very, very soon.
 Frigid temperatures you say? How about a salad? This one was on the menu all last week. Watercress, oranges, avocado, and a shallot vinaigrette. Yum.

 This was one whole day of misguided sewing.  It's lovely, but it will not work for the quilt.  Do not be surprised if you see this used someday - in this form or a slightly altered one.  Waste not, want not.  There is quite a large pile of these miscreant squares.
These are much more suitable..........

Laters,

Laurie

12 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Ahh--I feel your pain. There's nothing worse than living between two homes, and after all that packing....unpacking!! Ack!
I love those little peeks into the future and now I feel even worse that I didn't sign up for Austin Bluebird--waahhh....

Tina said...

The 'Blue Screen of Death'! Ha! Too funny!! The quilt you are working on is just beautiful - I can't wait to see it finished and maybe a pattern on your ETSY Shop. And a BIG Thank You for the unexpected gift in my Austin Bluebird Sampler this month. What a lovely, generous surprise!!! You are the Best!!!

Suzette said...

How on earth do you get those circles so perfectly round and flat??

Hildy said...

Hope you find a new home soon and can rescue your fabrics and notions from storage:-)

Teri said...

In the process of moving back to MI from Oregon. I understand totally. It is overwhelming, scary, exciting and will be worth it in the end. My husband is retiring (YIPEE), we will be closer to the grandchildren (YAY, YAY, YAY!!!)and prayerfully our home will sell very quickly (they are saying that homes here are). Looking to the Kalamazoo area though so sorry, can't look at your home. Love your circles...so perfect in a mess.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Your quilting WIPs are looking great. Will be nice to be settled and unpacked again soon.

suzanne said...

I have to agree with Suzette re those perfect looking circles!that was to be my comment too-any helpful hints cause the way I do it using Mylar plastic, still not that smooth rounded edge?

glad to see you back too
Suzanne from catscats16@hotmail.com in Australia

cityquilter grace said...

we here in the frozen north applaud your fashion sense...lol...up here it is warm first, style second...lol

Colleen Gander said...

Feeling your pain over the decluttering and packing up. I put my foot down when it came to my sewing room however and I'm glad as the house has been on the market for over 18 months. I could not have survived without my quilting passion for that long. My fear was that critters might get into the precious fabrics while in storage so safer to keep them at home. My story and I'm sticking to it. Good luck with your future plans.

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back....your blog brightens my day! love those perfectly round smooth circles! and those gorgeous frames! wherever did you find them? well knowing your pain of moving we had to rent for just over a year...just waiting for our destination....everything all packed away...but we are in our lovely little space now and couldn't be happier..that certain someone is looking for your beautiful space..they will find it ! Take care. Pam T., Dexter.

kshackabq said...

Oh my. Sounds like incredibly challenging times. Hope you can do just enough hand sewing to keep your sanity!

Lorna McMahon said...

I feel for you..... One box of fabric? And ice cold temps? Your appliqued star looks fantastic and so does your Polka Dot Garden. Wow!

Blog Archive