Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year Update

Happy New Year to you all.  I hope you are all hale and hearty.  We are still enjoying ourselves here in Ann Arbaugh (heh)

This was in the window of Van Boven's Men store when I went in today.  Let's just say it's been a fun week.


While waiting for our next group of strike-offs, we are kind of in a holding pattern as to our next batch of patterns.  That gives me time to work on a new scrap quilt.  You might remember my last scrap quilt.  It was the Mrs. Billings Coverlet.  The new one is of my design.  It uses English Paper Piecing too.  It will also have lots of borders.  I have been forever hooked on this style.  You can thank my Northern European and Australian colleagues for that.  You will get more sneak peaks on this - and it will be another long term project.

This cookbook was a present from Polly.  It is delightful.  More than recipes - believe it when it says Recipes and Stories.  Bill and I are feeling a bit under the weather and I am making French Onion soup today.  It seemed just the thing for this frigid day.  I made the beef stock yesterday and we should have soup in a half an hour.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Because we are a little under the weather my appearance at the Bed Turning at Happiness is Quilting in McKinney Texas on Friday is cancelled.  The Bed Turning IS NOT CANCELLED though - I will magically narrate the quilts via the miracle of iPhone Face Time. 

Our dear friend Carrie has a new adventure.  You probably already know.  She is now one of the creative geniuses working in Dallas for Moda Fabrics and United Notions.  Today was her first blog post in that capacity.  She reported on a little corner of the warehouse.  How exciting.  It should be shipping to quilt shops all over the world any minute now.  Look for some kits and patterns in our Etsy store when that happens.  Thanks for the update, Carrie!

Later this month I'll give a small tutorial on the first month.  Keep watching here...

That reminds me - there will be a few changes here.  Our website - minickandsimpson.com will no longer be updated.  Everything will be right here on this blog.  It has been for awhile, we just haven't made it official.  All of our news is here and all of our products are in our Etsy store - and the Etsy store link is on the upper left of the blog.  You can also follow me on Instagram - and you will have all your Minick and Simpson bases covered.

I think that's about everything......... I'll keep working on the quilt and hopefully will have more photos soon.

Laters

Laurie


3 comments:

Izzy said...

Hi laurie, Happy New yr to you too.
I just wanted to let you know that your links HERE for youe post dont work in case you did not know.

Funky Kim said...

I look forward to our opening football game come September against Michigan. I dearly hope the Utes kick your butts! LOL

Ann Arbaugh is funny!

Carrie said...

I will miss seeing you but I'm kinda glad you're not going to be here in Dallas if you're sick. First, none of us want to get sick and two, it's really cold here. Maybe not as cold as it is there... but still. Get well soon!

Hi to the Sister! :)

Blog Archive