Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Excuse Us, We're Feeling a Bit Giddy

Those of you in or around Michigan know about this.  Some of you sports fans have possibly heard about it.  The rest of you.....please excuse us for just a minute.

We're a bit giddy with the excitement.  Those of you who have followed us awhile know that we have posted about Jim Harbaugh in the past.  He is a lifelong friend of Polly, her husband and her sons.  I even babysat for the guy.  All I can tell you is that he is exactly as he has always has been, dedicated, charming, and driven.  And today we can add Michigan Head coach to that list.
Jim and his youngest son Jack

You wouldn't know it by some of the faces he makes on the sidelines - but he is funny.
Have I mentioned the fact that people have been excited about this announcement?
Oh, and that guy over on the right - that's Jim Minick who is now Head of Football Operations.    We're pretty excited about his new job too.

Okay, we're done now......


And now for a little quilt business.  Those of you who have been getting our Austin Bluebird Sampler Block of the Month packages - you probably got Month 7 today (or maybe tomorrow).  You will see a note inside that one of the fabrics was on order and will be shipped shortly.  Well, it's here and I'll be mailing it out tomorrow.
So, there is only a couple days delay.  So sorry.  

Happy New Year everyone!

Laters

Laurie


17 comments:

Sharon said...

EVERYONE is excited here at our house….W are looking forward to some great football seasons!

Elaine K said...

Okay, I thought the picture with Jim Minick looked familiar... you blogged about his retirement from the Marine Corps! That is so cool about his second career. Congrats to him and all the Michigan fans. :)

Terri McBride said...

San Fransico's loss is Michigan's gain.

Pat said...

Congrats to Michigan!!! You couldn't have gotten a nicer man. I live an hour from the new stadium and we all feel he got the raw end of the deal. Also many congrats to Jim Minnick!!

Anonymous said...

The 49er players hated to see him go. He sure inspired many while he was coaching in SF. My husband is a real 49er fan. I just don't like it when the 49ers and Raiders are playing at the same game time on TV!!
L

Lisa said...

Our whole house is celebrating along with yours. Congratulations to both Jims...and, of course, GO BLUE!

Lisa S. said...

I'm very happy with today's announcement! Also glad that all the drama is over. :)

hiyacinth said...

Congratulations! I'm giddy, too, because a nice plump package of fat quarters arrived. Thanks so much for the giveaway! I see a Christmas quilt in my future; I'll be using the Crazy for Reds I have, too.

Rebecca Stevens said...

Congratulations to Michigan fans - guess I will have to become one unless they ever play UVA or Va Tech - yeah I am in VA. I know you are so excited for your Jim too! Just don't get bogged down with football - we still want to score with your beautiful fabrics and patterns. Happy New Year!

Susan said...

Go Seahawks !! Hehehe....

saltandpepper said...

As fellow Michiganders, our family is very happy with this news. How exciting/interesting that you all know the new coach!Congrats to Jim Minick too!

Marilyn said...

So happy that he chose to go with Michigan. I am a San Francisco born and raised girl and have been (and still am) a die hard 49er fan. The city loved him. I live in So CA but never miss a game when they are on tv. It certainly is a big loss for SF. Wish him and your son as they rebuild the team!

Miss Jean said...

I went back and read the post about Jim Minick's retirement and laughed when you said Jim H. has a job on the west coast that keeps him busy. I told my husband that I thought the 49ers were crazy for letting Jim H. go. Now I see that it's a wonderful situation for both Jims. I am originally from Michigan so this is exciting!!!

SharoninStitches said...

I just wanted to add my 2 pennies to the excitement going on around here. This was the one and only answer Michigan had and I'm proud of all involved who saw it through. I've never seen Jim Harbaugh smile so much! Couldn't be happier for him, his family, your family and all of us here in this great State. Go Blue!

Sherrill said...

He's like 51! How old's his wife to have a little boy that young?

Marie said...

We're Canadians but follow college football from afar and heard the news. Sounds like it is the perfect fit.

Judy Barber said...

congratulations on your new coach and I was very excited to hear that he went back to Michigan. I lived in Michigan for a couple of years. and I assume little Jack will be put down with a book while his mom starts making quilts. Love you two and can't keep making quilts fast enough.

Blog Archive