Saturday, November 1, 2014

No Wonder It's Cold - It's November

The trip to the Farmer's Market this morning required a coat. I should have had gloves too.  It's a beautiful, sunny, brisk day - the 1st of November.  My basket was filled with apple cider and acorn squash.  Tomorrow we will have stuffed squash for dinner.



It's time to announce who won the "goodie" bags from International Quilt Market!

klh

Buckeye Quilter

Please email me HERE so I can get your addresses.  The goodies will be on their way to you soon.


I'm just about done with my "to-do" list and I'm going to sit and stitch and catch up on all the shows I taped when I was in Houston.  The first half of Death At Pemberley  is waiting.  I need to watch before the 2nd half of it airs tomorrow on Masterpiece Mystery.

After I catch up on printing, shipping, and such next week I will try to sketch out some new projects. We may or may not have something coming up that evokes antique bandannas.  When I was perusing Pinterest today I came across this - a 19th century bandanna peddler of Russian descent.  How amazing is her skirt!!
found at englishrussia.com
I sure wish I could see all of those bandannas.

Laters

Laurie

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love acorn squash, planted them for the first time this year and harvested 10 of them! loved them.

Buckeye Quilter said...

I love that picture. I used to wear bandannas all of the time when I was a child. I had forgotten about them. That skirt should hold her up while she is knitting the socks! Thanks again for the goodie bag from Quilt Market. I can't wait to get it.

Connie

lovetostitch said...

Congrats to the winners, and thank you for that photo!! I love it!! Yes, used to wear and use bandanas - I may be gathering those up with that little hint!

Susan W said...

My first quilt was of bandanas
1It's long gone; my DH burned it and I wish I still had it. It was a king size quilt. Is there somewhere to find your pattern called "True Blue"?

Laurie said...

Susan W

We had a glitch on the website with that download - True Blue. Email me HERE and I can send you a paper pattern of it. Thanks

http://www.minickandsimpson.com/contact.php

Laurie

Blog Archive