Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It's That Time Of Year

My bags are packed and we have an early flight into Houston tomorrow morning.  It's always fun to go to quilt market! We see friends we see only in convention halls. We catch up on all the news with other friends and colleagues.  It's hectic, it's noisy, and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

These preceding weeks have been even more crazy than usual.  That's saying a lot.  We are offering our first Block Of The Month to shop owners.  If you are a shop owner, make sure to stop by our booth and our Schoolhouse - for the Austin Bluebird Sampler Block of The Month. (Our Schoolhouse is in room 352E at 2:50 pm on Friday October 24th)

Getting ready for this big event was kind of stressful..... there was time spent with rulers, and calculators and other horrible stuff.  If that wasn't enough. I was stupid enough to download a new operating system for my computer last night.  Oy.  I'm grateful that I could figure out enough to post this.  I still can't download half of my photos - nor do I know exactly where they are. All this stress was helped by a little surprise gift in the mail - a spooky cookie. Thanks, Guys!

I'd post a good picture of The Austin Bluebird Sampler, but....... I'm having issues.



 I did manage to find this picture!  Not only will we have the Austin Bluebird to offer to your favorite quilt shop - we have this awesome Aurifil Thread kit.  It has all the colors you need in 50wt for piecing and appliqué - and 12wt for embroidery and quilting.   

We'll be taking lots more pictures in Houston.  Watch for them on Instagram. You can see our instagram photos by clicking on the camera icon over on the left.  

Your favorite quilt shops will start offering the Austin Bluebird in both complete kits - and in a Block of The Month.  They are all available after the 1st of the year. More info from market to follow.....

Laters......

Laurie

8 comments:

Janet said...

What a yummy looking box of thread!! I hope you get your pictures back.

badlandsquilts said...

Have fun and eat lots of good food!

antique quilter said...

Can't wait to see the new b o m quilt, The Austin Blue Bird sampler….will be watching IG for booth photos
love the thread colors, wow. Have fun at market!!!
Kathie

lovetostitch said...

Have fun at market, and I LOVE that box of thread!!

Sharon said...

I can't wait to see that new BOM!

Melissa Guzman said...

My heart just skipped a beat or two! I hope a local shop has this BOM! <3 this! And love the Aurifil thread too!

rebecca said...

The Austin Bluebird Sampler is a must do for me. Absolutely stunning!!

MaryLiz Schoenfeld said...

I read about your little accident on Jan Patek's blog, and came over to see you ... OUCH! You had real guts to show us your bruise.

Blog Archive