Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Autumn

It's finally Fall here in Michigan.  The calendar says it won't be here until next week, but believe me, it's here.  The windows are mostly closed and someone has even threatened to turn on the furnace. Bah, humbug to that. They were told just to grab another quilt.  It's way too early to start that nonsense.
 The market has been bursting with beautiful things…. These peppers were roasted….
 And then turned into this melange of roasted peppers, olives, parsley and other goodness.
 Leigh Ann stopped by and added some new pillow covers to my collection! These are made with the Paris Flea Market Linens by Moda Fabrics. They are lovely! Thanks Leigh Ann!
 Lori and Dan came to town and we experienced the quintessential Ann Arbor Fall experience.

 What can I say about the game? Well we won, but it wasn't electrifying.  Matter of fact, the halftime show was the highlight of the afternoon.

Today I have been tied to the computer putting out virtual electronic fires.  Hopefully I'll have something quilty to show you soon. (While spending the day on the computer I've been trying to avoid all the "pumpkin" madness infiltrating social networking sites like Pinterest and Instagram.  Just so you know - I prefer my morning cup of coffee pumpkin-free.)

Laurie

4 comments:

Linda C said...

Heading up your way in November after Houston. Will all the fall colour be gone by then? Love roasting peppers and making goulash soup with them when the weather turns cold.

PamKittyMorning said...

we are on the same page when it comes to the proliferation of the pumpkin my friend.

Susie Hoover said...

Pumpkin coffee? No Way!!!
Pumpkin doughnuts to go with my straight-up coffee? YES!!!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I love pumpkin everything ~ including pumpkin spice coffee!!

Blog Archive