Thursday, July 31, 2014

Another Thursday Update

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I checked in.  Mea Culpa.

A lot has happened for you to catch up on.  The vending at the Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild went splendidly.  It was fun seeing a lot of you - especially the ones who crashed the booth at 9am on the dot for Minick and Simpson yardage - you know who you are :)

I heard from the folks down Dallas way that Lexington is starting to ship out to quilt shops tomorrow!!!!  Look for it very, very soon.
Morning Walk






I've finished 2 of the 4 borders for my Love Letters quilt - but it now goes back into the storage.  I have 2 quilts returned from Kari - she basted them for me and I'm going to start hand quilting TODAY!  Mrs. Billings is looking particularly good I think.  Here she is draped over my drafting table.  (As I read that last sentence, it doesn't sound very respectful to Mrs. Billings. My apologies)

I have to pin the edges before I start - but even before that…. I'm quilting Zip Code.  I'll post pictures of that in process this weekend.  

Laurie

13 comments:

Jacqueline said...

that quilt is simply too much for words. I can't wait to see the quilting updates.

And the draping part made me chuckle..

Hildy said...

The quilt lloks gorgous!

Sherri said...

Mrs. Billings is simply amazing!!!!!

Susan Kane said...

The work that went into the quilt shines in the results. Lovely.

Janet said...

Mrs Billings is looking fabulous!! She will be a great beauty with your stitches working through 0) I love to handquilt a scrappy quilt - you get to enjoy all the gorgeous fabrics one by one again - enjoy! I look forward to seeing your progress.

kshackabq said...

Oh my goodness. Mrs. Billings is amazingly beautiful. You have such a wonderful design eye. Your color placement is outstanding. And I love the closeup of Morning Walk.

sue said...

The Mrs. Billings quilt is awesome! Wow there is a lot of work in that quilt and it is gorgeous. Can't wait for the Lexington fabric.

Sharon said...

That quilt is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing more of it as you quilt it!

Mcm said...

Wow, wow, wow! Mrs. Billings is stunning.

Karen Styles said...

Its so good to see Mrs Billings back from being basted all ready for quilting! I hope that your weather cools a little and that you can start soon... I can't wait to see what happens next!

Debra Anger said...

I sure hope you are using the hiroshema needles for quilting.I got them from you and love them, for both applique and hand quilting thanks for carrying such a lovely needle to work with! Your Billings quilt is gorgeous! and love your new ones coming out! enjoy your hand quilting I am enjoying mine.

cityquilter grace said...

i love this lexington line of fabric...i rarely buy an entire line but i am sorely tempted this time....gorgeous, every single print!

momto1 said...

Just can't take my eyes off of Mrs. Billings. Your version is so vibrant. Keep showing us those pics!

Blog Archive