Thursday, May 29, 2014

Parades, Dresses, and Confusion

Hope you all had a wonderful long holiday weekend.  We sure did.  We even managed to go to a parade.
There were marching bands...

And even a quilt…..

We missed seeing our family at the parade, but we quickly received this photo in a text.
It's our grandniece Kayce in a stunning summer dress made with our Bar Harbor cheater cloth.  Well done Kayce!!

I hesitated to post this.  First of all I didn't want to intrude on Kayce's privacy (but she gave us the ok).  Second, I didn't want the flurry of emails asking where you could purchase this fabric.  Bar Harbor is several years old.  It's scarce.  I don't have any more.  I did a little search on www.quiltshops.com and found this same fabric in black and cream.  If you hurry, you can find it HERE.

I also did a search on Ebay - and if you type in "Minick and Simpson, Bar Harbor" into the search engine - there is one shop that still has it in red and cream.  You have been warned. It's scarce, and the speedy online shopper gets the rewards.

I'm not sure what pattern Kayce's grandmother used - but many, many little girl dress patterns would be applicable.  Ready, Set, Hit your keyboards……


As for the confusion…. Let me try to explain.  POLLY is retiring from lectures, workshops and rug hooking kits.  This is to lessen travel and ease into general retirement.  Polly is still one half of Minick and Simpson and will continue to design fabric with me.  I am not retiring.  Not yet.  I am lessening my teaching travels, but will continue in all capacities.  Whew… 

That's all the news I have right now.  Everything is hunky dory - except for a certain baseball team that is trying to self destruct. I'm coping the best way I know how. I'm stitching.

Laurie





6 comments:

Janet said...

Now if I could just figure out how to get to one of your lectures, workshops, or trunk shows... :0)

Sherrill said...

Oh, oh, would that team perhaps be the Tigers? THE Tigers that the Rangers beat 3 outta 4?! HA Sorry, just had to as we have been struggling mightily ourselves! Thanks for let me gloat just a little. We still have a long, hard road to travel thanks to injuries that seem to crop up every day!!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

My baseball team is frustrating the daylighta out of me. Grrrr

I too would love to be able to take one of your reduced-load classes. ;-)

Helen said...

Both Kayce and that dress are adorable. What a great idea for a dress.

Glad to hear Polly will still be part of Minick and Simpson and that you won't be retiring any time soon.

Sorry to hear about the Tigers. Here in Seattle we are thrilled to have the Mariners hovering around .500. It's a long season, but we are hopeful that they can finish there.

suz said...

sorry to hear about your baseball team, but as a 65+ year fan of the Red Sox...well, I understand your pain!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Whew! I was worried that there would be no more Minick and Simpson collections to lust after! So clever to use the panel for a dress and cute too.

Blog Archive