Friday, April 25, 2014

More From Nantes



Polly has sent over some more pictures during the night.  The only description I have for this one is the Quiltmania booth.  It looks intriguing.  I sure wish I had that tent.

This is the house of the sweet Anni Downs.  Anni and I were at a retreat together a few years ago.  Hi Anni!

 Here is another photo of Carolyn Konig's house.  Love it

And these are from Akiko Ike's house.  These are lovely and fascinating.


 Reiko Kato has had many projects in Quiltmania. This one is amazing and a bit different from her usual art pieces.

 She famously uses Sunbonnet Sue in many guises and forms…..
 Oh looky! there is even a quilt by me.  Quiltmania has a special exhibit honoring their 100 issues of their magazine.  Rambling Rose was chosen to be in this exhibit.

 Have you seen the new 100th issue of Quiltmania.  I urge you to get it.  Not only will there be articles and more photos of the previous artists in Nantes…..
There is another quilt in it - Saint Germain.  //blushes//

 This is a boring, yet important photo taken next to the computer where I am typing this very blog entry.  It is my cup of cappuccino.  Why, you ask?  Well, it's my first cup of coffee in 6 weeks.  There was a little experiment here - something about going caffeine free.  Let me tell you. It failed.
 The last straw was yesterday's sewing fiasco.  I have taken (literally) millions and millions of stitches in my lifetime.  This was the first one that actually went through my fingernail.
Bring on the java!

Laurie

9 comments:

Karen Styles said...

Hi Laurie, I finally caught up with Polly today in Nantes! You must be sewing fast to catch your finger nail! Are they new projects for market? I did see your quilt in Quiltmania... I was very excited to get my copy too, as my quilt is the one on the front page :)
See you in Pittsburg, Karen

WoolenSails said...

Amazing quilts, love seeing quilts from other's in different countries and that tent is so fun. I can't count the times I have stuck myself, my fingers are human pincushions, lol.

Debbie

Carrie said...

OWWWWW! I know, it's a nail but still... ouch.

Say Hi to the sister... I'll miss seeing her in Pittsburgh. But given the choice, I'd rather be in France too. And I like Pittsburgh! :)

See you soon! (ACK!)

Carrie said...

OWWWWW! I know, it's a nail but still... ouch.

Say Hi to the sister... I'll miss seeing her in Pittsburgh. But given the choice, I'd rather be in France too. And I like Pittsburgh! :)

See you soon! (ACK!)

Teri said...

I have actually sewn through my finger-twice! I am a sewing speed demon.

Bev said...

Hahahaha! I tried that experiment too! I sure didn't last 6 weeks! I have not had sugar for 3 years and that is nothing compared to no java! XOXO

Debi Horne said...

I love the pictures! Amazing patterns and color combos. Yes, java is actually medically safe...safer than the needle. I thought I was the only one that could sew her nail.

Thanks for sharing.
Debi Horne

PamKittyMorning said...

I dont understand the coffee thing.. I love coffee. I could go decaf but gone altogether..no way. love all your projects, that magazine quilt is lovely, but then everything you do is. (I know I am such a suck up)

suz said...

Thank you for sharing all those wonderful photos. I once tried to give up caffeine too - disasterous!

Blog Archive