Tuesday, April 8, 2014

In Between

It seems I have a little bit of time before the next project starts.  About 2 days I'm guessing.  I'm awaiting some fabric to be delivered and I'm starting a new big project that you should see in about a month or so.  We just got done with the Lexington quilt tops and most are at the long arm quilter and one is being basted for me to hand quilt. But I have 2 days. I could of course, clean the house but I'm not.  What is needed after a frenzy of activity here is some calming hand work.

Mrs. Billings to the rescue!



It's time to appliqué the border onto Mrs. Billings Coverlet!  Here I am trying out different hexies for placement.  There are some late night West Coast baseball games this week and I have my late night entertainment/anxiety therapy all ready to go.

If any of you are in the area…. I'll be at the Michigan Rug Artists 2014 Hook-In and Rug Show this Saturday, April 12 at Washtenaw Community College - (Morris Lawrence building) from 10am until 4pm.  I'll have some Minick and Simpson wool, books, rug patterns, quilt patterns, and maybe even a few quilt kits.  Come see me!

Laurie

8 comments:

marie said...

Why oh why does everything to do with rug hooking always so far away!
Have a good show----Take pictures for us who can't attend.

beeinstitches said...

Have a great time at the Hook In. Take pics please! Baseball - check out the new Dooney & Bourke patterned bags. You might just have to have one!

Lindy said...

Love your color placement on this quilt!

Janet said...

Handwork is so calming -perfect for entertainment/anxiety therapy :0) Your Mrs Billings hexies are wonderful - so many of those fabrics are such favorites of mine. I had to flip back to your previous post to wonder over which quilt you plan to hand quilt. I'm hoping you will share progress pictures!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Handwork is perfect for relaxing/calming down after busy days ... I've had a busy, exhausting last ten days and am going to do a little relaxing/calming this evening stitching hexies while watching *my* favorite baseball team. ;-)

Peddlecar Quilts said...

Wow hexies are becoming the rage this year!! I'm learning how to make them myself, and i still have to figure out what I'm going to do with them! LOL Can't wait to see your finished quilt! LOVE all you do.

Tazzie said...

Oh my goodness Laurie, Mrs Billings is looking amazing! You must be thrilled to be so close to the finish line!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Karen Styles said...

Looking fantastic Laurie, I hope you have enough time to work on it before your next fabric line arrives!

Blog Archive