Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Quilt Market Prize Winner and a Mrs. Billings Update

Good Morning All.  It's good to hear that some of you still make Holiday gifts. It's been an inspiration reading what you are all doing.

Well, let's cut to the chase and see who won the prize package!

Thank You Monty Hall for announcing the Winner!
The winner is MARY! (The specific Mary has already been emailed - my apologies to the other Mary runner-ups)

Mary - you will take home the spectacular Grant Park Fat 1/8 Bundle, The Bella Solid Slice, several packages of Spinning Star papers and much, much more!!!!! (Taxes and fees apply.  Kidding!)

2nd on today's agenda…. The Midwinter Reds ikats FLEW out of our ETSY store this weekend.  We'll keep you posted if and when we can get our hands on some more bolts of the stuff.

Last, but not least…. the latest update on my Mrs. Billings Coverlet.  As you know, all of you who follow this blog, the Mrs. Billings Coverlet is a reproduction of an antique quilt from the United Kingdom.  Karen Styles of Somerset Patchwork in Australia developed the modern pattern and made it available to all of us obsessive compulsive patch workers.  I visited with Karen and Paul at Quilt Market in Houston and restocked our supply of Mrs. Billings patterns in our Etsy Store.

Here is a photo of my quilt in progress. I taped down the edges for the photograph because since it isn't pressed yet - the edges curl up a bit.


Eleven borders finished and four more to go!

My friend Glenn Dragone got bit by the Mrs. Billings bug too. Glenn took his version in a whole other direction.  First he started with every bit of colorful scrap he could find…..
Then he added a chocolate brown background.  He starting adding his borders and it takes on a different look at every stage.

When I look at his quilt I think of the song Bohemian Rhapsody.  I can't wait to see what the next border looks like.  Thanks Glenn, for letting us show your quilt.

Laurie

18 comments:

Janet said...

Your Mrs Billings is looking fabulous!! You design such lovely fabric. Wish my name was Mary... :0)

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations to Mary! Love the new quilt and the variations, always fun to see it in different color ways.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Bravo a Mary
et merci a vous

votre blog est S U P E R B E

Mary said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't believe I was the lucky winner. I'm simply thrilled!!!

Laurel Keith said...

I love BOTH of the Mrs. Billings quilts. Not sure I have time to be sucked into this one but it is SO tempting. Is the pattern in your shop?

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Love your Mrs. Billingsly!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Mrs. Billings is looking great. I haven't started mine yet--I can't decide on my fabrics, so I am frozen in place!

Gert said...

Your Mrs. Billings looks great, and it's so nice to see the quilt of my friend Glenn here as well! Good job for both of you.

Deb G. in VA said...

I love your Mrs. Billings! Any chance you will offer another kit for it?

Dee said...

I really love the colors in your Mrs. Billings quilt. Looks like a lot of work, but it's so beautiful. It's almost enough to tempt to start one myself!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Is Mrs. Billings EPP'd? It sure is gorgeous!

Congrats to Mary!

Geoff's Mom said...

Wow! Mrs Billings is beautiful! It was nice seeing you at Market. I am having a giveaway on my blog of your book.. Quilts & Rugs. I love that book! Tell your friends to leave a comment. Your talents are so inspiring.

Hindi Movie Download said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Free Song Download said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kshackabq said...

Mrs. Billings would be proud of both of you. Your coverlet is gorgeous!

sue said...

WOW Mrs B quilt tops are looking great! Hats off to you and Glenn and all the points!

Karen Styles said...

It was great to catch up again at market Laurie. Your Mrs B is looking spectacular! I love your colour choice. Thanks for posting Glenn's quilt too, it still amazes me how wonderful the quilt looks in all colour/fabric combinations. p.s. how were the chocolate teddies?

PamKittyMorning said...

It is turning out great. I'm super impressed!

Blog Archive