Wednesday, June 19, 2013

We Listened

You rug hookers out there wanted rug hooking kits and we listened.  Well, Polly listened and we have added more to our store.........





You can find them HERE 

Remember when I told you about the hole in front of my house yesterday?  It's a big hole.  

Notice the guy at the top and the ladder - for scale.  My fear is that they will find some ancient artifact, or human remains and then the whole thing will be surrounded by yellow tape and people with clipboards and microphones will arrive and the hole will NEVER be filled in again and I would need a gondola to get from my house to the other side of the street.  

Seriously, if you are a Michigander - you know that one of the favorite local summer games is to claim to know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.  Every summer, somewhere here in the mitten state,  a "dig" goes on for Mr. Hoffa.  It happened earlier this week not very far from here.  Everyone with a shovel is a suspect.  I am happy to inform you all that so far - Jimmy has not appeared here on Miller Avenue.  But, if they keep digging - who knows.

Laurie

10 comments:

Cathy said...

But just think how charming the gondola would be!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Let's hope they don't find Jimmy too close to your home--it will probably become a tourist attraction! Polly's rugs are so cute--makes me wish I was a more dedicated rug hooker.

Deb said...

They're digging for Jimmy two miles from me. It's been quite interesting to see the activity that is going on. But for me, it's not that exciting - seems that every year they're looking somewhere else!

Patti said...

Ha ha As I was reading I was going to comment that maybe Jimmy was there. From concord mi.

Miss Jean said...

If the news media shows up, set up a store in front of your house. Free advertising!!!

SharoninStitches said...

The rugs are lovely! Wish I knew how to hook other than crochet. I'm wondering how many more times they have to realize that Jimmy's no longer with us. Geeze. I'm surrounded by all the dig sites.

moosecraft said...

lol! You're crackin' me up! :-)

Brian said...

LOL. BA HA HA HA HA HA. OMG Laurie. Best ever. LOL.

Janet said...

where I live that hole would be breaking so many safety violations. Occupational health and safety would fine the company! Hopefully it gets finished fast.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Love Polly's punkin rug. Sorry about the hole in your front yard and that we still spend govt. money to find Jimmy Hoffa. Your post was just so humorous the last few days. You coulda had another life as a comedienne. Thanks for the light look at things, and keep your windows closed. We know about dust in TX. Stephani in N. TX (Tomazec@aol.com)

Blog Archive