Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Few Quiet Days

Yes, a few quiet days before all the hustle and bustle starts again.  We've been lucky and have had perfect June weather.  I am making another Nightingale quilt.
Nightingale

I will hand quilt this one - with big red stitches using Aurifil 12wt thread.

The nine patches are all done and I'll be working on the leaf applique for the next couple of days.
I'll be showing pictures in progress along the way.  The quiet time of hand quilting should be helpful to get my brain working.  It's time to design some more quilts for the future fabric group.  

In the next couple of days you should see some more kits added to out ETSY site.  These are the kits from the workshops in France.  

Hope you get some time to sit, relax and stitch or hook during this perfect June weather.

Laurie

4 comments:

Janet said...

I love this Nightingale quilt design. I look forward to watching your progress. A quiet time of hand quilting is good for lots of things :0) Enjoy!

Janet said...

I love it , the red stitching is going to be fabulous. Love the center of your quilt, the star was a perfect addition.

Jossie said...

It is beautiful. Love the red and white fabrics. They are among my favourites.

lovetostitch said...

I have loved each fabric line, but this has to be my fave - red, my favorite of all time! Will be fun to see this progress.

Blog Archive