Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Dust is Settling

Whew, that was one spectacular trip!  I'm sorry that I didn't get photo's of the Dear Jane exhibit.  It was on the floor above us and my only chance to go was when it was very crowded. I'm sure you saw all the beauties on other blogs.  It was grand to see so many at one show.

We've received tracking numbers on the shipment of books from France.  It looks like they will be here next week.  Unfortunately, if they arrive late in the day - (on the day before we leave for Portland) I may not have time to get them to the post office.  My best guess for shipment is on Monday, May 20th when we return from Spring Quilt Market.  All the envelopes are addressed and waiting for books. Sigh.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an early delivery on the 15th and they will be able to go out before.

What else to report?  Well, this is one of the quilts in the new book......
Christmas Flowers

I did a version of this quilt as a class in Nantes.  I scaled down the flower and turned it into a pillow....


I called this pillow Summer Zinnia's.  I do have a few kits left over.  I also am kitting up the large quilt in these summer colors.......

The fabrics are all Moda Bella Solids and it is a very happy quilt!  The kit comes with 6 spools of Aurifil thread to match.  The quilt measures 85 1/4" x 85 1/4" square.  The kit comes with 19 1/2 yards of fabric!


You will need the new book - Quilts and Rugs - for the directions.  I have enough fabric here to kit a few of these and you can go here to our Etsy shop for the kits.

There are a few other kits being offered - just as soon as the shipment from France get's here, I will post them.  Thanks!

Laurie



No comments:

Blog Archive