Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Quilts And Rugs Book - The Winner!

Thanks everyone for all your tips!  The winner of the new book - Quilts and Rugs is Hanske from The Netherlands.  Email me HERE Hanske, and it will go out to you very soon.

Here are a couple more projects from the book - Here is Polly's checkerboard rug.


This is my wool appliqued quilt - Hearts

Sorry for the lame pictures. I scanned them from the book. I don't have the jpegs of the pictures from the book yet.

There is lots more! I hope to post more pictures soon.  You can find the book HERE.


What else....... I put on the latest border on my Mrs. Billings quilt.

I have the corners taped down to the floor to kind of lay it out straight for this picture.  The last border is not pressed, (and it is hand pieced) so if it isn't held down, it scrunches up like an accordion.  Again, I long to press, but good sense and suggestions in the accompanying directions discourage it at this point.  WAY too many bias edges right now to start pressing, but I'm confident (after it was stretched out) that it is laying straight and true.  That last border was a big one.  Everyone says it all downhill at this point.  The Mrs. Billings pattern and templates are flying their way here right now.  If you want to take the plunge, the pattern/template kit is available HERE.

Laurie





11 comments:

Spice said...

Mrs. B. is looking fab!!

Vicky said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Kudos!

Me and My Stitches said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing your book. And your Mrs. B is gorgeous! Wow - what an accomplishment!

sue said...

Absolutely fantastic! Tazzie from australia is now hand quilting hers. Fun to see bothh of you in progress.

PamKittyMorning said...

I wish I had the patience and staying power for something like that.

Love the book!

Ludizam Uqnir said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Good morning! I just ordered your book ~ can't wait!!

Darlene - Online PhD UK said...

An amazing piece of craft! Great job you have back there. I certainly love the pattern. It looks vibrant and cozy to me. My, I’m kinda excited with that book. It really is a must buy! Thanks a lot for the valuable information. Have a nice day to you and your family!

My Webblog: http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Your new book arrived yesterday and I LOVE IT!! I went they it cover to cover ~ love the beautiful pictures and patterns ~ for rugs,of course ~ I'm not a quilter! But all of the patterns are beautiful, whatever for you choose to make!!

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

That last border is stunning. Beautiful work.

Warner Carter said...

He employs no unnecessary employees -- in fact, I think it's just him. The product is sold in a big shrink-wrapped container with permanent marker scrawled on it. You will have to push it up the stairs of your apartment all by yourself; he doesn't employ any movers to do the job for you. hide rugs

Blog Archive