Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Portland International Quilt Market 2013

We are back and thanks to a very, very long day yesterday - adjusted to the time change.  Flying home on the red-eye was a time saver, but a bit of an energy zapper.  No worries, as we are all back to normal.  Assuming we were ever normal.

What can we say? It was grand.  It was also pretty busy in the Minick and Simpson area.   I didn't get to venture out much, except for early mornings when booths were empty.  I'm sure you've been following along via the internet, twitter, Facebook, and Instagram haven't you.  I don't have much to add - but I will post what were some of my favorite things......

Our friend Pam Kitty Mornings great new collection - Pam Kitty Picnic by LakeHouse Fabrics

This middle beauty is by American Jane and is called The Americas. Oooh, it's a stunner

This sweet beauty is by Joanna at Fig Tree Quilts and called Cherry Pie

This is the new offering of Quilts For a Cause - the Love fabric collection by Howard Marcus and it's an antique reproduction masterpiece.

Here is a close up of the fast and easy techniques they used to re-create this quilt.  Our friend Susan Stiff at Moda is responsible for this one.

The new Carlyle Bag by Me and My Sister Designs.  Ahem,  ladies - this bag goes with my new pink shirt and orange scarf quite nicely!

This is Edyta's new quilt using her Hope Chest fabric collection!

Here is a close up of my new favorite fabric - the goldish, greenish, tobacco-y print.  Yum.

This is a sampler quilt made by Sandy Gervais and her new fabric collection SoHo Chic.

Jan Patek's new BOM is a stunner - it's called Eagles and Roses.

My friend Karen Styles of Somerset Patchwork stopped by and gave me this - a present of Australian cookies.   She also had some very good news for us!

The Mrs. Billings Coverlet book of directions, the die cut templates, and the paper hexagons are now available to you from our Etsy shop !

This is Karen Styles Masterpiece - Mrs. Billings Coverlet

This is my version - so far.  Look for me to add the next border very, very soon.

We'll have more on our collection - Midwinter Reds in the next post.  Later

Laurie

Whoopsie!  Those Mrs. Billing template kits didn't take long to sell out :(  I've ordered more, so keep watching the blog to see when they will be in stock again.  

9 comments:

woolwoman said...

wow - fantastic post from Portland - can't wait to see Polly in a few short weeks and hear all about Portland and France. Cheers
Melody

Kate said...

Beautiful quilts, what a fun week!

But hey TimTams are not just Australian cookies they are THE iconic Aussie biscuit. I wonder if Karen showed you how to do the TimTam slam? Totally yummo...really the best way to eat a Timmy. (Watch the Youtube video with Graham Norton and Natalie Imbruglia).
Cheers from Sydney! K

Karen Styles said...

I am pleased to hear you arrived home safely Laurie. I am currently waiting at Portland airport for the long flight to my home! Enjoy your Tim Tams and I look forward to seeing you again in Houston. Maybe I will bring you a larger pack next time. Karen

miss-linny said...

Firstly let me tell you how much I admire your fabric lines. I have now collected enough of them to make a quilt for my bed - no mean feat in the UK where they are not so readily available. Secondly could you point me in the right direction to find more info on Sue Stiffs clamshell technique? I am unable to find anything.
Many thanks and regards from chilly England.

moosecraft said...

Wow! Your Mrs. Billings is coming along nicely! Market looked to be lots of fun! I received my copy of your new book and have to say it is fabulous!!!! :-) The quilts and rugs are gorgeous and the photography and layout of the book is top notch! An awesome accomplishment!

augustus' mom said...

anaThanks so much for the photos and commentary. I really enjoy and vicarious adventure of traveling with you. Silly, I know... but, i do so enjoy the sharing of important information that you do. Thanks again. God Bless you and may you continue with the beautiful work.

Helen said...

I love the red and white Dresden plate quilt in the second photo. Is that in Midwinter Reds? Any info on the pattern?

Thanks!

Lynette said...

...the clamshell quilt caught my eye too. 'miss-linny' You can find pattern, fabric and kit at the fat quarter shop http://www.fatquartershop.com.
Always love your quilts and fabrics M&S.

Izzysquilts said...

I Like your version very much. Cant wait for the reds..

Blog Archive