Friday, May 3, 2013

Our House In Nantes

We had heard about  our "accommodations" in Nantes from other Moda designers who have gone before us.  Barb and Alma of Blackbird Designs and Jan Patek, to be precise.  The people of Quiltmania/Pour l'Amour du Fil show erect a "home" in your particular style to show off your needlework.  We still were not prepared for the lovely way in which our works were displayed. It was indeed two rooms in which we and attendants could walk around.  We couldn't have been more happy with the displays.
 This is my Pieceful Journey quilt taking up one of the entire back walls of the holiday room.  Uh, I think my quilts were just a bit bigger than they were used to hanging.  I have been told that before. What can I say, I like them big.
 This is one of Polly's great holiday rugs - Holiday Stockings.
 My new Christmas Flowers took up another wall.
 These were our tribute to hearts and/or Valentine's day - the Heart Applique Wool Quilt
 And Polly's master work of minimalism - the Heart Rug
 Next was the Blue and White room.  We had lots and lots to fill this room - Polly's Game Board rug and Beach Day rug and the Snow Day quilt.
 This is Polly's Snow Day rug in it's blue and white perfection.  This picture doesn't really do it justice.
 Here is my LeMoyne Star quilt.....
 And the rug Polly made to go with it.  You can also see a bit of the Little Moby rug, the Snowman rug and my Irish Chain quilt.

Here are better pictures of the Snow Day rug and the Irish Chain Quilt.....



 This is the Wool Wheels quilt and the Irish Chain rug.

These are the 1868 Rug and Quilt outside the entrance to our house.  Hey, take a better look at Polly's perfect rug.

These, and several more projects are in our new book published by Quiltmania - Quilts and Rugs by Polly Minick and Laurie Simpson.

Quilts and Rugs by Polly Minick and Laurie Simpson
I have lots more to tell you about Nantes and our adventures..... more tomorrow.

Laurie

22 comments:

Sharon said...

beautiful booth, love all the blue and white

Tempus fugit said...

Your house was so lovely... Thank you for the inspiration you gave us and for your book full of nice patterns. A must-have, definitely ;-)
Anne - Tempus fugit

Tempus fugit said...

By the way, I've written a post about you on France Patchwork's blog, just here :
http://france.patchwork.charente.over-blog.com/article-pour-l-amour-du-fil-3-polly-minick-and-laurie-simpson-117419685.html
(sorry, it's entirely in French)
Thank you again for the photo !
Anne

moosecraft said...

Gorgeous, beautiful and loverly!!!! Now I really can't wait to see this new book... and hook and quilt some of what's inside!

Janet said...

That Christmas flowers quilt knocks my socks off - wow! I've been enjoying your posts about your trip to France - I look forward to more :0)

Sue Bennett said...

Awesome. Your new book look like another great one..

Kathie said...

OMG that Christmas flowers quilt tell me its in the new book???? and those wool wheels!!!!
thanks for sharing the booths, look great!
oh the blue and white now I want to make another blue and white quilt!
Kathie

Laurie said...

Yes, everything shown in the "house" is in the new book. Thanks for asking

SharoninStitches said...

Stunning!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

All so lovely...looking forward to getting the book!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I met you just before the and of show, you gave me the possibility to try "rug" and gave me one of your bag, thank you for all your kinfness. I hope that you have a good time in France.
Cécile Blanquefort near Bordeaux

Christelle said...

Did you see how tiny our houses are!!!!! that's why most of the time when I want a quilt I just reduce it about 1/3.... I just don't have walls big enough! That's why I took "Game board" just the right size for my son bedroom... I just ironned the fabrics this afternoon and the first star is on for tonight.

Linda C said...

Laurie, it was so much fun spending time with you and Polly in Nantes! Looking forward to Houston! And of course your house was beautiful!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Gorgeous... I love it all!
The room displays were beautiful and your work looks so amazing.

Jan PATEK said...

I knew your "house" would be awesome!. Tell everyone hi for me and keep making those great quilts and rugs. Have fun.
Hugs.
Jan

Anita said...

Just gorgeous!

sue said...

What an incredible display of you and your sister. You must have been so proud to see it all so beautifully arranged. Congrats!

PamKittyMorning said...

oh my word! I love all your projects,that Christmas quilt is AMAZING. Of course you guys always kill me with your great style. I am hoping that there will be rug kits forthcoming, I love that heart rug.

Seriously, dying over it all.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

What beautiful displays! Definitely must have your book!! Can't wait!! Love your photos of France ~ would love to go sometime!!

saltandpepper said...

Really enjoying your posts on your trip to France. Thanks for sharing. Your quilts and rugs from your new book look great!
Look forward to more posts on France. Christine

Kari R said...

Looks like you had a Fabulous time!! Lucky girl! :)

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Wow! I could move right into the blue and white house--love it!

Blog Archive