Saturday, May 4, 2013

Nantes Enchantment

What can we say about the Pour l'Amour du Fil show?  And Nantes?  It was wonderful!  Our fellow exhibitors, vendors and the staff at Quiltmania was exceptional.  To tell you the truth, we were just flattered to be included.

Di Ford is a delight. Her quilts were as charming as she is.





 Petra Prins Booth was scrumptious too.  The first day, when I could get around to take photos, the lighting wasn't quite working yet.  This was the only photo that turned out.

Segolaine Schweitzer had lovely quilts with lots and lots of embroidery all over them.
 
 These were directly across from our "house" and were a constant source of inspiration. Japanese Boros.  They are multi-patched and mended textiles out of Japanese indigo fabrics.  They were lovely. Polly and I coveted them immediately. They tell a story of making-do and poverty, but the lovely textiles shown through.

 Upstairs there were vendors. Oh, what vendors.  Once the show was open - it was all you could do to make your way through the sea of attendants.  I doubt if anyone went home empty handed.  This lovely booth - the SELVEDGE Magazine - had these sewing notions from Merchant and Mills.
 The booth also had these - they were a traffic stopper.  Hand crocheted scarves from Sophie Digard. YES! Sophie Digard.  Swoon.
 Just a few steps away from our house - was the house of Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably.  What can I say about their work - they are masters of color.  It was truly inspiring.
This is Brandon visiting our house.  He visited a lot.  We loved his company.  Here he is learning how to hook rugs. A few minutes later, he was teaching rug hooking.  Genius.

Brandon, Kaffe, Polly and I went out to dinner.  Twice.  We can't wait to visit with them again.

More tomorrow.....

Laurie

12 comments:

Izzy IzzyR said...

Drinks with Kaffe how wonderful !

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful show and I love the make do quilts.

Debbie

Carrie said...

And you call this working?!? lol

I can see how you would swoon over the Japanese boros - the fabrics are exquisite and the more patches, the better. I've only ever seen pictures so I am quite envious of your having seen them in person.

I'm so glad you had a terrific time.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

How fun, I would have loved to just listened to you all at dinner.

Sharrieboberry said...

Wooo. Name-dropping and photos to prove it! Fabulous!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!

woolwoman said...

I love the photos of you gals with Brandon and Kaffe - how fantastic that you had such support from the people who set up the show. Your "house" looks fantastic - I can't wait to hear more about the adventure. Melody

AJ GM said...

I'm sold, I need to book me some tickets for next year!!!!

kshackabq said...

WoW ! ! !

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Loving your photos and what I te resting dinner companions! You girls k ow how to live!!!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

That would be "interesting" dinner companions! Autocorrect makes me crazy!!!

PamKittyMorning said...

So much incredible design in your four. Fly on the wall time. I admire all your work so much.

Anonymous said...

Four textile greats around one table in Nantes: twice! What a lovely, lovely idea!

Blog Archive