Friday, December 28, 2012

Last Post of The Year

We hope you are having a wonderful holiday that's been filled with friends, family, and feasts.  Are you planning one more party?  Maybe drinking a little of the bubbly?

Bill and I have been drinking quite a bit here, but it's not champagne.  No.  We bought each other a coffee maker for Christmas.  "Coffee-maker" just doesn't seem to do it justice.  Coffee system?  Caffeine delivery mechanism?  After many coffee makers that have all seen their demise, we bought the new shiny toy that is on the market right now - the Keurig Platinum Plus.    I can vouch for it's spiffiness. We get super hot, fresh coffee in under a minute.  It's brewed to your desired strength and temperature.  What a fun toy.  We've been drinking more coffee this past week than these people.

Yes, we know that brewing one hot, perfect cup at a time is more expensive than brewing a pot - but we usually just want one cup at a time.  No more pouring out cold, stale, half pots of coffee.  What makes it even better..... I got this

Breville Frother

A Breville Frother to steam and froth milk to make cappuccinos.  I'm in heaven.  I have a big cappuccino in the morning and in the evening I have a hot cup of herbal tea (which we have the pods for) or a hot chocolate.  Just froth the milk, add the cocoa and it's the best hot chocolate ever.   Why do you ask, am I telling you all this boring stuff about our caffeine consumption?  Well, Bill has taken to the frother too.  He used to be a regular Joe type of guy - coffee, maybe some cream and that was it.  Not now.  He is frothing up milk from morning till night.  Yesterday he told me gleefully that he just invented a new drink!!  Coffee, frothed milk, and cocoa - all together.  Should I tell him that somebody has already thought of that?



Starbucks Cafe Mocha

Laurie

10 comments:

Sherrill said...

I bought hubby a Keurig 3 or 4 yrs. ago and he always said that was his most favorite gift ever! He passed away earlier this year so now my son has the Keurig. It WAS a great gift!

klk said...

We LOVE our Keurig. We wasted much more coffee before and we can each have our favorite blend. I'm going to check into the frother; that can be my next obssession. Thanks!

Vicky said...

Love mine! The best invention since the rotary cutter! Love that perfect hot cup of coffee at the touch of a button! You and Bill were definitely on Santa's "good" list!! Happy New Year!

Janet said...

One of those was under our tree too. I never knew so much coffee could be drunk in one day... Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes indeed a Keurig is big big fun. I love ours. All 3 of us are huge fans. The Keurig website has a great selection we can try something new on every order.

Marilyn C. said...

I love my Keurig. I blend three coffees and use a Salton Grinder to grind the coffee (enough for 3 days)
So I don't have to open three large bags each time I grind coffee, I place the beans in equal amounts in a jar and shake to mix and then I am ready to put them in the grinder.The best thing ever for coffee.I also warm my milk, in the mug, in the microwave before I brew the coffee.

PamKittyMorning said...

You are so fancy now!

Ellen in Oregon said...

I received my Keurig a few years ago. The best thing is not having to wash a caraf everyday. The frother sounds very interesting. I have been adding a sloch of eggnog into my coffee this week & this might be interesting frothed. I used to throw out a lot of bulk coffee because it would go bad before I could use it up. Now I get a great fresh cup every morning. After trying many varities I have stuck with Tulley's nantucket blend. Very smooth and not acidic at all. I didn't care for any of the flavored types & prefer to add Baileys vanilla creamer for a little richness/sweetmess. Have fun & do remember to clean regularly or the thing that stabs the seal will get plugged-up with grounds (I learned this the hard way). Have fun with your gadget.

Susan W said...

Your fabrics are so pretty. I'm truely enjoying each one. Just like having a perfect cup of coffee or tea orcider or cocoa, your fabricswarm my heart.

Anonymous said...

We have had a Keurig for 3 or 4 yrs. now and still love it. The company is the best and really stands behind their product. My favorite is the Cafe Carmel with a squirt of whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon or carmel topping. Hmmmm - so good. The cruise sounds lovely.

Blog Archive