Sunday, November 18, 2012

Airports and Caffeine



I'm home for a few hours until my next trip to the airport.  Just enough time to download a few pictures and tell you all about Homespun and Holly!  The wonderful workshop we just finished at the Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe in West Linn, Oregon.

It was fabulous, just like we expected.  I can still smell the pine needles and spruce.  Real trees everywhere! 

Santa stopped by and delivered presents

Or maybe it was one of Santa's helpers - Chief Elf Brian.
What a peaceful and lovely place to work all day on stitching and hooking.

And then there's the shop.... 
Holiday Decorations.....
Goodies Everywhere




I would go back again in a heartbeat.  As a teacher or a student.  

Now on to some family gatherings, turkey, football and more.  Have a safe holiday everyone.

Laurie

P.S.  As I surf the internet a tiny bit on my way back to the airport, I saw this.  Just so you know where ALL the Twinkies went?  They went here.

Courtesy of Cute Overload - This guy is the reason you won't be able to find any Twinkies.

10 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you so much for coming to West Linn to teach the hooked ornaments. It was a pleasure to meet you both! What a great day, I hope you are able to come back!
Jill

Anne said...

Had so much fun with you and Polly. Great project to get people interested in rug hooking. Thanks so much!

IzzyR said...

Happy Thanksgiving if you will be away !!!

PamKittyMorning said...

Love all the great pictures! Seems like a for sure destination shop. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Joy said...

It was so much fun.. and we really enjoyed meeting you guys. I enjoyed your class very much.

pdudgeon said...

LOL, one of my favorite things to do at the computer is to wait until half of the page is loaded and then pull my mouse down the rest of the page to expand the colors into stripes. this morning when i focused on your last pic of the shop i pulled the mouse down the screen as usual. but instead of a stripe of colors i got a whole stack of jelly rolls, fat quarters, charm packs,layer cakes,and the BIGGEST bolts of fabric, from the very top of my screen to the very bottom.
Forget stocking up on Twinkies...make mine Minick & Simpson! That 'picture' was heavenly bliss.

MarshaB said...

I love Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe. Worth the trip there and the scenery is beautiful around the whole area. Wished I could take your class!

MaryLiz said...

Just stopping by to see what you're doing lately, while working my oven to full capacity. Pumpkin pie, apple pie, sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. It smells great in here!

Lorraine said...

I was lucky enough to visit Holly Hill while on a visit to your wonderful country recently and we had a workshop in that very room..heard you guys were going to be there later....wish I could have stayed on and joined in! Back in Australia now with wonderful memories of the US.

The Michigonians said...

Great pics from a wonderful day at Homespun and Holly. I just loved meeting you both at the Shoppe. It was a beautiful day, great to get into the festive mood and what fun we had laughing and sharing a love of our passions. Next time I am back in MI, I will try and look you up...would love to see your studio. Blessings to you both.

Blog Archive