Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thinking of Black Cats and Other Things


I like black cats.  Especially on quilts
We even had them on our fabric!
This was Roscoe who shared his life with us.

And Lizzie who did also.

I wish I had a good picture of Sarah, who was also a black cat who brightened our lives.  Halloween was my favorite holiday as a kid, and now I love it for different reasons.  Here's hoping that you have have had a spirited black cat in your life.  Happy Halloween!

The suitcases are unpacked and the bundles are unwrapped.  It was a great quilt market.  Make sure to follow Barbara Brackman's blog for pictures of a wonderful quilt collection from France.  They are spectacular.  The show will be there for Festival too of course.  If the travel gods will let you..... make sure to visit Houston.  



Here's hoping that all our friends on the east coast are doing well.  Look for a link soon to help the Red Cross and maybe get some quilting goodies in return.  I'll have more info on that later....

I'll be posting again tomorrow on some of the treasures brought back from International Quilt Market!

Laurie





6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

The majority of my quilts have cats on them, some came that way and some I just had to add a kitty, lol.
I look forward to seeing what you got from market and what is new.

Debbie

Carrie P. said...

happy halloween. love that first quilt

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I've had two black cats, Spike and Weazel, who have passed on to kitty heaven. I miss them both every day. I collect black cats (not real ones) in their honor.

IzzyR said...

Halloween was cancelled all over NJ here ..

Quilteuse Forever said...

Gabrielle Paquin's quilt is very spectacular, I love it! Thanks for your kind words about theses "Quilts de L├ęgende" made in France.

My thoughts to all victims of Superstorm Sandy.

Liz D said...

i! I am reading back thru your blog (actually looking for info on the Xmas Flag quilt..pattern? fabric, book?) and this post caught my eye because I believe the applique kitties quilt is my quilt! Unless there is another, but it seems to be my photo, perhaps was found on eBay [it was not sold, tho] or my blog or Pinterest....The quilt, c.1920-30's was never used or washed; it has a hand stenciled signature of the maker on it. It is possibly from KY or S.OH. I bought the quilt years ago in NYC from I believe quilt dealer Shelley Zegart.

I d love to know how its picuture arrived here....
and thank you for any info about the Chrsitmas flag quilt.
lizzy

http://gone2thebeach.blogspot.com

Blog Archive