Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Not My Best Day

I can be a whiner.  Yesterday was my gold medal, pulitzer prize winning, oscar nominated, whiniest day yet.  It started with a simple call to UPS to schedule an international shipment.  6 hours later and 3 trips to UPS stores - it was finally accomplished.  I hope.  I'm receiving email from UPS written in French with tracking updates.  I think that's a good sign.  By the time I was driving home from the last UPS store, I was a bit frazzled and grumpy.

Then the 2nd big project of the day occurred in between UPS trips and phone calls.  I was struggling with new technology.  Yep, me and a new website, downloady thingy.  It wasn't pretty.  After many, many emails to more tech savvy quilters and friends (Thanks Carrie!) and emotional missives to mysterious "help desks", I think I might have succeeded.

Why, oh why did it feel like I was piloting a plane full of explosives with only the help of a calming control tower?

What this means for you?  It means our new patterns featuring Indigo Crossing fabric will be available to you immediately, in download form.

The links will go up on our website tonight.  Tomorrow morning I should be able to post the new patterns to you here.  I hope.  If not, you all might have to talk me down from the ledge.

Remember, keep hopping with our Moda Sisters here.  Today's hoppers are


So, tomorrow here for the patterns, and then Friday is our day at the Hop.  Whee!

Laurie

3 comments:

Strlady said...

Such great news on the Patterns. I love the immediate gratification of the downloadable patterns, especially when I just NEED to make something! Here is hoping your package arrives at it's destination safely!

WoolenSails said...

I love the idea of having your patterns in instant form. A lot of times, I just want to make something new and can't get to the store, will have to check out the new patterns.

Debbie

Carrie said...

Given that CNN didn't break into local programming to report a civil disturbance at a UPS office in Michigan, I was hoping that all had gone well.

"Help Desks". This is Peggy. Andy in Punjab. The part that makes me nuts is that the first dozen answers you get are generic cut-and-paste responses that don't even come close to answering YOUR question.

Congratulations! Relax. It's all done and you're one step closer to April in someplace wonderful.

Blog Archive