Thursday, September 20, 2012

If You Missed The Last Kit - How About This One?


Kit making here is kind of an algebra problem in the real world.  Remember when you whined to your math teachers in High School, "I'll never use this in real life."  Well, you would be wrong if you cut quilt kits.  You use it all the time.  I ordered this fabric months ago for some Ellen's Sewing Basket kits and some future mystery kits for a workshop in France next spring.  Yeah, try to figure all that our with your fabric salesman when you don't know what the future French project will be.  It's basically all a shot in the dark.  The Ellen's Sewing Basket kits were cut and sold (thank you!), and the future mystery quilt kits have been designed and that fabric is set aside.  What we have left is enough to make a few kits of Rambling Rose. 
Rambling Rose 76" x 76"

We have 5 kits exactly.  You can find them HERE on our website.  

This was a fun quilt to appliqué.  I designed it as a beginner appliqué if you have been thinking about it but haven't taken the leap yet.  The shapes are large, and have easy curves.    Remember, if you hand applique, or machine appliqué, the thread, in all the colors that you need is also available HERE.


Hey,  you all have one more day to comment on the post below to get a chance at the Indigo Crossing Woven Fat Quarter Bundle™.  

Laurie

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt and I love the colors and fabrics.

Debbie

IzzyR said...

OMG ! yes, I do remember whining to my math teacher . I used to get stomach upset before going to math class, I think I never understood math and I passed all my math with a D . The irony is if my math teacher told me how much I would to quilt and how much math I would use in quilting LOL LOL LOL !!!I use it more on a daily basis thatn I ever did in school.. Gorgeous quilt Laurie. Im gonna give rug hooking a try now..

Blue Skies said...

Love the look of these almost vintage fabrics! However, I have to say I loved algebra, and solving the puzzles of those problems.....so I have to agree with you about the challenge and learning opportunity of a kit!

kathyinozarks said...

this is gorgeous! I love it

corinne said...

As a math teacher I do tell my students that they one of the real world applications of algebra is quilting. What a beautiful quilt you have designed

Barbara Jean Smith said...

I love that fact that you have the threads all pulled together to match!!! Awesome idea!!

Dona Keyton said...

How beautiful the colors are, and they remind me of Nature's Bounty. I would love to win one of your kits, please tell me how.

Blog Archive