Sunday, August 26, 2012

Scraps R Us

Polly tells me that 3 boxes of scraps are ready to go.  She also said they are getting a lot of rain, but nothing more sinister than that in south Florida - at least right now.  We hope everyone fares well from Isaac.

I've been working with the Indigo Crossing fabrics and I'm liking them too - just like all you readers seem to.  Thanks so much for the kind words.  



 To answer a few questions, the thread that was in the previous post on the wooden spools is YLI hand quilting thread.  Always nice to add a few new colors to the stash.  The Karen Kay Buckley scissors are fabulous.  The thread that I'm using for the applique is the Aurifil Minick and Simpson collection.   It's fab too and in all the right colors.  Go figure.

Right now we are making the quilts that go with Indigo Crossing.  The MAKING is our final proof-read.  Once we get them done - we'll post the new patterns here.  And there will be a surprise regarding those new patterns too.  Patience.


So now for the scrap winners!  

Amy - who said "Blue is my very favorite color, and a box of Indigo Crossing scraps would provide a fabric high!"


KarenM

and Patchysails


Gals, email me here and those boxes will escape the hurricane and come straight to your house.


Laurie

10 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love how the fabric looks in the appliqué, will have to look for the fabric when I hit the stores in the fall.

Debbie

Hotquilts said...

Sorry I missed the drawing for your scraps. The new fabrics look wonderful! How great is it to enjoy quilting all summer long! I hope Polly escapes the effects of Isacc (along with my DD in southern Mississippi).

Patchysails said...

OMG !!! I won , thank you so much , I really really wanted this box. I am gonna use it for a great quilt . It might take me a little while as I am working on a few projects at a time , by hand mostly LOL ! Thank you so grateful !! Izzy R Patchysails ..

Hotquilts said...

Congrats Patchysails! What fun:)

AJ GM said...

Please ladies send us pics of your quilts when you're done!!!!

Betty Lou said...

Love your patterns and fabrc, can't wait to have some of the new line and book. Congratulations to the winners, lucky girls.

Buckeye Quilter said...

Laurie,

Do you wash your fabric before you use it?

Thanks.
Connie

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I'm excited to see the finished patterns. I pre-ordered a fat quarter bundle of Indigo Crossing from my local quilt shop--love it!

kshackabq said...

Congrats to the winners. Can't wait to see more of Indigo Crossing and your patterns.

Betweens said...

Congrats to the winners!! yahoo.
love your cover on this new book and can`t wait for the new patterns to present themselves

Blog Archive