Friday, August 3, 2012

August

    
I can't believe it's been a week since there was a blog post.  Mea Culpa.  A lot has happened and nothing has happened, if you know what I mean.  The delay in posting was because there wasn't much of substance to convey. But it's time, and when all else fails...... just post the pictures I took with my iPhone this week.  Here's the first.
                                          
This was our booth at the Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild Show last weekend.  I had a great time and talked with a lot of folks.  Even a few who follow this here bloggy thing.  I worked on a couple of projects this week, but am stalled until new fabric arrives.

Gibby is taking the dog days in stride.

                                                  


We ate salads.......
                                                   
I multi-tasked doing applique, watching the Olympics (with the sound off) and catching up on some Poirot mysteries on the iPad.  



Today the Olympic tennis has been on while I work in the kitchen.  Two pans of brownies, several platters of deviled eggs, and a big fruit salad while the 5th hour of Roger Federer's match goes on.  

Berries, cherries, melon and white peaches.  There is a big family party tonight.  Two of Polly's grand kids are graduating HS and moving on to the  University of Michigan and DePaul.  We are all looking forward to it!

Let's hope the party is wonderful and something else exciting happens this week, or the blog post will again be pictures of my groceries.  Have a great weekend.

Laurie

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

The booth looks wonderful with the new pieces. I also love your iPad cover and is that a case that matches? I love fresh fruit in the summer, have been taking advantage of the blueberries and mixing them with various types of fruits.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

sounds like a lovely day to me.... while I'm sitting at my desk at work. I just had to write and tell you that your new line Independance Trail is so, so perfect. I just love every bit of it. I'm saving up my quilt money to buy a big chunck of it. I love the sweet little flowers and the color selections you made. Hats off to another good one. the last line I was this nuts over was Prairie Paisley....sound familiar?
Good job, once again ladies. Hope to see you at a show sometime.

Blog Archive