Friday, July 20, 2012

TGIF

It's about 30 degrees cooler today than it was earlier in the week and words cannot explain how wonderful this is.  There is a strong breeze blowing through the open windowed house and it is great company to the chores I am working on.  I'm trying to organize the disaster of a dining room/shipping and receiving department here and I'm making kits and packing for a show I am vending next weekend.  If any of you are local - I will be vending the Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild Quilt Show at Washtenaw Community College.

Speaking of kits..... This ad is currently in the Quiltmania #90 issue that should be on the newsstands any minute now.   It has already been on sale in Europe for awhile.  We are taking pre-orders on this kit NOW - even though we won't be sending them out until next month.  The ad appeared now and we were getting lots of interest - so we posted it on the website as a pre-order.  This is a limited run of kits.  If you would like to order now - go here.  Thanks.


The Ann Arbor Art Fair is going on right now - and they are having a pretty good run of weather.  Their set-up day on Tuesday was over 100 degrees.  I know the crowds are loving this, today.  I did a bit of ogling on Wednesday morning.  Most of the booths strongly discouraged photography, so I don't have any pictures of the art - but there is this... my yearly ritual of a Berry Patch Sundae at Afternoon Delight.

                                              

Have a great weekend!

Laurie

4 comments:

MB in MI said...

Beautiful quilt! Great weather now for the Fair--enjoy your weekend :)

Mimi said...

Love love love the Fiestaware plate with the berries.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

We had the 30 degree drop in temps on Wed. and then it went back to 90's. The weeds in my gardens love it anyway.
I called the quilt shop and have the new Quiltmania on hold. I still have the Country Home article on Polly's home from 2004 and have used it as inspiration in my own home-love the red, white and blue!
Karen in Breezy Point

Susan W said...

Beautiful quilt kit. Can you recommend any of your fabrics for the backing?

Blog Archive