Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Same Thing , Different Cities (NOT!)

  

Polly is in Nantucket this week.  She is teaching at the Nantucket Historical Association - hooked rugs, of course.  I think she will also stroll the quaint streets and possibly take walks on the beach.

                                      


Don't you wish you were there?  There's always a sea breeze on Nantucket.  Alas, I couldn't go.  I refuse to feel sorry for myself.  Instead, I will get immersed in quilt show hubbub and vend at the local quilt show this weekend.    This is the beautiful view of my dining room as I get ready to pack the car.  Hope to see you there!


                                             
Laurie


9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

We have a new high speed ferry that goes to the Vineyard, will have to get over there.

Debbie

Camille said...

I worked at the Juice Bar for two summers. Best ice cream on the planet.

I know one of these days (if I bug her enough) Polly is going to let me tag along! :-)

Good luck at your show!

Gmama Jane said...

a part of the country I've never seen but hopefully my hubbie and I will get there in our retirement travels if the Good Lord keeps us healthy. I yearn to see the new England area, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Vermont in the fall, Maine, etc...
Blessings
Gmama Jane
Have you considered turning off the word Id for commenters like me with poor eyesight???

Miss Jean said...

Oh, I wish you would come to Colorado and vend at one of our shows. How awesome would that be!!!!!

Mitch and Molly said...

Yes, yes, yes, we wish we were there! We recognize Brant Point LightHouse and the bike shop near the ferry.
We would sure love to see Polly's hooked rugs!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Logan said...

So fun! I'm leaving for Vermont next week:) I've always wanted to visit Nantucket!

pdudgeon said...

marking down Nantucket as another facinating place i'd like to visit on vacation. droool!

Melanie said...

We spent our honeymoon on Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. Those places will always hold a special place in my heart.

Good luck at your quilt show!

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Many years ago...my husband and I spent a most delightful week on Nantucket.......such nice memories.
She is fortunate.

Rose

Blog Archive