Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Aurifil Winner!

   Yep!  We have a winner.... but first.....


If you have a Quiltmania subscription you probably already know.  If not, the #90 issue of Quiltmania should be on the newsstands any minute.  We also have a few copies HERE.  This issue has a neat story on Polly's home and lots of her rugs, and a few of my quilts.
                                                   

There is also a great story on Pour l'Amour du Fil 2012 show in Nantes, France.  (I believe a very rough translation of this is For The Love of The Thread).  This show is a wonderful textile show - that honors all things stitchy - especially quilts - every spring in France.  It's sponsored by Quiltmania magazine. Among this year's featured artists were Maggie Bonanomi, Linda Koenig, Kathy Doughty, Brigitte Gilbin, Kathi Campbell, and Reiko Kato, just to name a few.  Polly and I are thrilled to tell you that we are going to be on the 2013 roster!  Yes - a trip to France next spring.  Pinch me.

This show has 5 days of classes by the featured artists, lots of vendors and jaw dropping exhibitions.  We can hardly wait.  AND there will be a freshly published book to debut at the show with lots of our rugs and quilts.

Not to distract from the job at hand..... the winner of the AURIFIL THREAD COLLECTION is....

MARY, who said  "I will probably watch quite a bit of the games. My husband really enjoys them and he always has the remote. Gymnastics is my favorite."

Mary, email me here HERE and the thread will go right out to you.

Thanks

p.s..... I think a better translation of Pour l'Amour du Fil would be For The Love of The Needle (not thread).
Thanks!

Laurie



9 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Woo hooo, a trip to France sounds wonderful.. as does that magazine!

christineschoon said...

Dear ladies,

I purchased 'quiltmania' and I really loved the article of your house! In fact, I must admit, it was my first time getting to know you two ladies better. I love your work and choice of colours! I will follow your blog from now on. If it isn't too much to ask: do you have a pattern available as shown on the bed in quiltmania? I really would be interested in that.
Greetings from the Netherlands!
Christine S.

Laurie said...

Christine -

The quilt that is on the bed will be in the new book by Quiltmania to be published next spring. Thank you for asking.

Laurie

Jan PATEK said...

Loved the article in Quiltmania. Gorgeous home with lots of beautiful rugs and quilts from two talented ladies. You all will really have fun in Nantes.

Janet said...

Congratulations!! I'll be looking for that issue. Oh - to go to France in the spring!!

laurencetd said...

Je suis ravie d'apprendre votre venue à Nantes. Je rêve depuis longtemps de pouvoir admirer vos ouvrages à toutes les deux... merci !

christineschoon said...

Thank you Laurie, for letting me know that the quilt on the bed will be in a book next spring! I'll look forward to that!

quilteuseforever said...

I read in Quiltmania that you would come to Nantes next year, I think I will travel from the south of France for you! I am already longing for your next book...
Katell, Toulouse

Heather said...

Hi, I know I'm late commenting, but only just got my copy of Quiltmania. I love the article, and am definitely making the applique quilt - I have already sorted out fabrics from my stash ! I didn't know you are in Naples, just a skip away from Clearwater - do you ever teach locally ?

Blog Archive