Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hexagon Mania

Thank you for all your nice notes about the hexagon bag in the current issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.  I'm a fan of English Paper piecing.  I'm a bit of an Anglophile in a lot of things - especially on the weekend of the Diamond Jubilee.  But, I digress.....


Remember last year when we saw these pictures?



This hexagon measure 1/4" on each side.                        

Linda, from Gum Valley Patchwork in Simpson Australia made this prize winner.  She sent us these pictures because she made it with our Wiscasset fabric collection.  Impressed??  Wait....

Linda is making another hexagon quilt.  With the same teeny hexagons using Prairie Paisley II fabric.  Linda was in Kansas City at International Quilt Market and stopped by to say HI!  She had her new project with her and she showed it to us and some other Moda folks.  Let's just say it stopped traffic.  It might have been the show stopper at Quilt Market.  Linda, it was lovely to meet you in person after exchanging emails this past year.  And thanks for letting me borrow these pictures from your blog.  We cannot wait to see the second quilt when it is finished.

Laurie

11 comments:

Logan said...

Ummm....WOW. I feel so lazy!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I didn't realize the quilt had been made with M&S fabric--never saw closeups of it before--WOW! I can't wait to see what see comes up with next. And her skirt even looks like a M&S fabric.

Laurie said...

Karen

Yes! Linda's skirt was made out of Wiscasset fabric too!

Quilt n Queen said...

BREATHTAKING!!! WOW...the quilt is simply BREATHTAKING!!

WoolenSails said...

That is amazing, I can't imagine sewing such tiny pieces.

Debbie

Julie said...

This is INSANE! No wonder it was a prize winner. I can't image the time you'd have to put into that and keeping my four small people out of those tiny pieces would be impossible! It seems like a once in a life-time quilt but I'm even more impressed that she's making another one. Way to go!

Susan W said...

I dind't notice that her skirt was M&S fabric so I took another look.Laurie, her skirt would go beautifully with your name tag holder...

Alicia said...

OMG that's awesome!

Mimi said...

That quilt has a name .... a very proper name... and we all know who Prudence is when Linda refers to her....

woolwoman said...

WOW - that is simply amazing. Thanks for showing this awesome work. melody

Susie said...

I too was in absolute awe of this quilt. I would still love to see more photos. I'm from Australian but haven't managed to ever see it up close. I think it should be on show at all (Australian) quilt fairs!!! Amazing work.

Blog Archive