Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Don't Rock The Boat


While many of you are vacationing now and spending time at the shore, on the water, or traipsing through exotic locales, I am at home.  Oh, don't feel sorry for me - there is lots of travel in the future.  Just not right now.  I'll tell you about one of the future trips.  Let me give you a few hints........ water, too much food, Gulf of Mexico, too much food, laughing so much my cheeks will hurt.  Yes - it's a cruise!
                                            

A MODA EXTRAVAGANZA cruise!  You don't want to miss all the fun.  It will be me, and some dear friends - Barb and Mary of Me And My Sister fame, and Carrie of Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.  There have been times, when we are together when not much quilting is being done and laughing is all we can do.  Join us, won't you?


It will be organized and run by Stitchin' Heaven Travel.  The cruise is January 27th through February 3rd 2013.  They put on quite the quilting cruise I have heard.  Barb and Mary have done this before and were instrumental in getting Carrie and I on board.  It sounds fabulous.  Read more about it HERE.  We will all be teaching one day.  You will get Barb and Mary one day - then a day off to rest your abdominal muscles from the laughing - then me for a day - then a day off in an exotic locale - then on to Carrie for a day of being taught by a master - then another day off exploring.  Oh, and I hear they feed you pretty well on these things.  There will also be some Moda goodies and Aurifil Thread, Oliso irons, and new Bernina sewing machines!  This is the quilt I will teach on my day.  School Girls Glen made with Independence Trail fabric.


Ever since this trip has been in the works..... all I have running through my head is this song.  It dates me, of course.  I bet there is disco dancing on the ship too!

7 comments:

Carrie P. said...

wish I could go. have fun.

PamKittyMorning said...

I'm a tiny bit embarrassed to say I love disco. You'll have a blast.I'm just a little big envious!

Logan said...

I wish I could come!!!!

Carrie said...

Chicken! What you didn't tell anybody is that 1. You're not a fan of cruises. 2. Less than a month after everybody committed to going, the Concordia ran aground. 3. You're still convinced we're all going to wind up clinging to lifeboats ala Titanic. ROFL

It is going to be fun though and now I'm going to have "Rock the Boat" playing in my head.

I love the quilt you'll be doing... which reminds me, I probably should talk to Debby about the fabric for mine. :)

Miss Jean said...

Oh, this would be the cruise of the century! Sounds like a load of fun.

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I haven't heard that in ages!! Have a great trip!

Jean C. said...

Yep.... now I will have to find something else to "replace" that song! I guess I could start up with,
"It's the sound that never end...."
LoL.....
Have fun... I get seasick at the pier I can imagine what I would do out to sea... lol... and I was in the Navy!

Blog Archive