Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend


Happy Memorial Day/Weekend everyone!  It's beautiful here this morning in Michigan, but I hear 90 degree humid weather is fast approaching.  I'm going to close the house up and turn on the air shortly.  Not a good weekend to have the flu, with a side helping of asthma.

.

This is a Memorial Day rug Polly made and my attempt at a quilt using the same imagery.  There is a story about how Polly got inspired to make this rug.  It includes a long ago memory of parades, ice cream cones, bicycles, and flags.  You will have to take Polly's word for it - as I have no memory of the event.  It does include people and landmarks I know to be true - so I believe it.

Have a great holiday with family and friends, and remember those who have served.

Laurie

10 comments:

Taryn said...

It's a great rug (and quilt!) no matter what the story is. It certainly reminds me of summer and speeding to the local pool on my bike. I hope you feel better soon. This isn't the weather for a fever and respiratory problems, that's for sure.

badlandsquilts said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Both the rug and the quilt are amazing.
Get better quick.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

They are predicting 80"s here--hard to believe since it's 51, rainy and windy right now. Stay cool and take care!
Karen in Breezy Point

sue said...

Feel better. I love both the rug and quilt. So when is the quilt pattern coming out>

Janet said...

Love both the rug and the quilt! A bike is such great transportation. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Sharon said...

I love both of them. Bicycles are the best, I have to have that quilt pattern! Get Well Soon.

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy seeing the bicycle quilt!
Feel better!
~Joyce in MI

woolwoman said...

Love the quilt and the rug and I got a big kick out of your market report - too funny ! Melody

suz said...

both designs are wonderful! Hope you are better soon...having a cold and asthma sucks! I still remember riding my bike in a parade (long, long ago). My dad bought me red, white and blue streamers for the handles of my acqua Schwinn and I had the obligatory baseball card in my spokes for the appropriate noise! I was very cool! It was so much easier to be cool then.

Blog Archive