Friday, April 13, 2012

Stalling


I'm catching up on blogs and emails while I listen to the baseball game. I have other things to do. Most importantly, to unpack 6 suitcases of quilts and put them back where they live - on the guest bed. There is at least 100 quilts stacked on this bed. I'm telling you this so that you will know to give me LOTS of lead time in case you ever want to sleep here. It's takes awhile to load and unload this bed.

My trip to the Little Traverse Bay Quilt Guild was wonderful! Alas, I have no pictures. Too bad as the weather and scenery there was gorgeous. It was a quick trip and by the time I remembered to take some pictures I was south of Flint Michigan. Oh well.

In other news.......I had an interesting email. In the long list of spam and other instantly deleted emails was this...

Madonna Ciccone started following all of your pinboards. Follow Madonna back.

Yes, THE Madonna is following me on Pinterest. Actually I'm not surprised, as we have LOTS in common. We were both born in Michigan in the same week. (I am a few days older). We both are style icons. We both are a bit delusional, and we both speak in a British accent for no reason at all.

Madonna is a much better dancer than I am.
I've read some reviews of her newest album - and I think I can say that I am a better singer than she is. But, without a doubt, Madonna will ALWAYS have better biceps than me.

In all honesty, it looks like Madonna's Pinterest account is quite new and already she has followed 5000 people, but I'M ONE OF THEM. Also, it looks like Madonna has pinned some very un-Madonna like stuff. Happy Weekend.

Laurie

11 comments:

JoAnne said...

Wow, what an acomplishment! Madonna knows your stuff. How fun is that?

Tina said...

You are hysterical and so funny!! I'm getting a great chuckle from your post! Although I must say that Madonna has great taste is she's following you guys!

Janet said...

100 quilts... sigh... I would LOVE to do a bed turning at your house!! As for for style icon - you have way better style than Madonna!!

Sharon S said...

Thanks for the laugh. Your humor is just what I needed tonight.

Vicky said...

But we already knew you are famous!!!

Siobhán said...

LOL!! I'd be jealous, but in the last week I've received emails telling me that Phoebe Buffay, Joey Tribbiani, and Sookie Stackhouse were following me on Pinterest. I'm a fan of the Charlaine Harris Sookie series, but never did find "Friends" that interesting to watch. The thing I AM jealous of, though, are those 100 quilts on your guest bed. Wow--what a visual feast that must be!

Sharon said...

Wow! Madonna! That is cool....
I think using the guest bed is a great way to store the quilts. I might just start doing that myself!

Heather said...

How can I follow you on Pinterest? I tried to search your name but I don't know which is actually you or just a picture pinned by one of your adoring fans.

pat sloan said...

Seriously you get ALL the celebrity email!!! I wonder if I follow her.. she will follow back?

Brian said...

Love this post. I'm going to the Madonna concert in October! Woot! And contrary to rumor, yes...she does sing! She only won a Golden Globe for Evita and her recent song "Masterpiece" which was featured in W.E.
I'm not a fan or anything. ~B

PamKittyMorning said...

I'm more than a little bummed out Madonna isn't following me.

Blog Archive