Sunday, April 15, 2012

Can You Help A Gal Out?


Our readers are known far and wide for their intellect, beauty, and general goodness. We are grateful and blessed. Polly and I have noticed, as have several other bloggy friends - that never a catty or cruel word is expressed in the comments. Ever. Okay, so occasionally a smart-ass remark is made by yours truly, but never in the comments.

We've asked all of you to help in our charitable causes and you have always exceeded our goals and surprised us.
Can I ask a favor of you? For me? For myself?

You see, I need some fabric. I'm working on a quilt and my plans have changed as to how the border will proceed. I'm out of fabric and there is none to be found ANYWHERE. That is, except in a personal stash. I know someone has some - somewhere......

I'm needing some of this green. One or both - or a combination of the two. These are from our Christmas Past collection. I need about a yard. Like I said, one or a combination of the two, to equal about a yard. If you have some and are willing to TRADE!! I would be very grateful. Email me HERE and I will make it worth your while. You will get back much more than a yard of fabric.

Anyone??

Laurie

*****UPDATE***** Everyone can go back to pre-alert mode. We are out of danger. I have "scored" the fabric. Thanks again to all our wonderful readers!

16 comments:

Rachel said...

I wish I did! I would gladly help out...Unfortunately I have none :-(

Linda K said...

Sorry, I dashed to my stash, but only found a fat quarter of the cream with green crescent fabric. BUT, I do have a beautiful Christmas tablerunner, that I love, made with the Christmas Past collection! Good Luck, I'm sure someone has it.

Lisa said...

It looks like there is some of the moons fabric at pumpkincreekfabrics.com SKU 14543-12? Hope you find what you need!

Logan said...

I wish I could help! I don't even have a scrap:(

Quilt n Queen said...

Sorry Laurie....I raced to my stash and found 11 of the Christmas Past fabrics but neither of those green ones...wish I had it and I would have driven it to Ann Arbor for you....I can't believe I don't have it. Pauline

Kim Q said...

I did find some online...

http://tinyurl.com/6motfk6

Make sure you read the description, the picture isn't right.

Sure hope this helps you! And for what it's worth, the site is reliable. ;-)

WoolenSails said...

I would swear I had that color with dots, but can't find any, wonder if I gave it away, when I was cleaning.

Debbie

Quilt Hollow said...

http://www.snowyriverquilts.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=8333041.28986.s0&product=Christmas_Past&productid=14543-12&sales=0&lastmenu=
Here is one of them...read description as photo isn't correct.

moosecraft said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I can hardly wait to see where your "score" leads you! lol!

pdudgeon said...

so glad that you found them!

Vicky said...

Glad you found it because I just had a fat eighth roll of that line. But it was yours if you needed it! Just shows that I need to buy 10 yards of everything!!

Julee said...

Glad you found it. I have several green dots fabrics. Always using green dots for leaves or vines.

lovetostitch said...

Glad you found it from a very nice person - good vibes in that quilt! Quilters are sooo nice!

Ter'e said...

This would have been alot easier to do if it was Polly needing wool!
Glad you found some.
I quess quilters have the stresses that hookers do when we run out of a particular fabric!
Hookers and quilters are simply the best!!!!!!

thejoj said...

I need 20 inches of the green/red plaid. I tried substituting the gold/red plaid and hate it. I would take all of the red with green dots that somebody wants to sell, also. The other fabrics I can make do without. Anybody know where I might find the plaid? Thanks.

Laurie said...

@thejoj

I have some of the green plaid. I can't send you an email to you because you've blocked it on blogger. Email me at

http://www.minickandsimpson.com/contact.php

Thanks

Laurie

Blog Archive