Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Almost There

I am meeting Leigh Ann today. She is finishing up one of the quilts for Spring Quilt Market. I am finishing up the other two. The center is appliquéd on the second one and I have 3 of the 4 borders done. Homestretch.
This is what is will look like when it's finished.
This quilt is called Rambling Rose. This, and the other two quilt patterns will soon be going to the printer and we should have them up on our website for pre-order in a few days. We sure hope you like them.

What else has been going on while the quilts were being stitched? Gibby has been watching the neighborhood.
Here he is on the windowsill watching all of his buddies out for a walk. This is my view of Gibby watching the world go by.
This is my view from my stitching chair. That's my wagon in front of me with my sewing stuff. To the left of the TV is my bookcase of quilting books. You can never have too many quilting books. Yes. It's that boring here. I'm taking pictures of my TV.

What else - oh, I cooked something new yesterday. Gnocchi. I was walked through the recipe by an Italian friend. Here is how I started - with some potatoes.
Some of the tools....
What can I say..... I had a good teacher. The gnocchi were delicious!!! My only prior experience with gnocchi were the frozen kind from the supermarket. Oh, never again. These were easy and were soft and tender. Bill and I ate them for dinner last night sautéed with butter, bread crumbs, and fresh sage. The rest are in the freezer waiting for another day. Uh, here is the finished pasta before it was cooked. I hesitated to post this picture because they aren't very pretty at this stage - but what the heck, here they are.
Sorry, no more pictures. Once they were cooked, they went from stove, to table, to our bellies. Yum.

Look for the rest of the quilt patterns from Independence Trail fabric soon.

Laurie

13 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Oh, a sigh from me!! Rambling Rose is just gorgeous! I am in awe.

Vicky said...

Rambling Rose is a great quilt! I am definitely putting that up top of my to-do list! Looks like Gibby's got a perfect spot for watching the world go by!

Carrie said...

I love Rambling Rose... though I liked the "other" name for it better. Maybe I can start an Internet campaign to re-name your quilt!

If it makes you feel better, I've posted a picture of something on my TV too. And I just realized that I missed my opportunity to take pictures of my groceries this morning.

Enjoy the baseball ~ GO TIGERS!!

Logan said...

Oh, the quilt is beautiful!

http://www.loganmakesamess.com

audrey said...

the rambling rose is wonderful. i love, love, love the border!!

WoolenSails said...

Love the quilt design and the fabrics in it, are gorgeous.

Debbie

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Can't wait for Rambling Rose to be available--the border is so cool! The gnocchi before picture look like pupae stage beetles--glad they looked better after cooking!
Karen in Breezy Point

Kwiltsfl said...

Oh - beautiful quilt! I'm going to need to make this one! Gibby is SO handsome! ~ Karen

Kate Brown said...

I love the quilt and the colors of it. I also especially like your wagon, I want one of those too, though I am sure the cats would use it as a place to nap :)

woolwoman said...

the quilt is gorgeous - Love the name rambling rose. Your wagon is such a novel idea - hope you have a joyous Easter - melody

SandyG said...

Yes indeed it was a beautiful day here in Michigan! Have a great time at the ball game. I made it to a Red Wings game Thursday! When it comes to sports we've got it made here in MI. When it comes to all around talent we are golden, sports, quilt/fabric designers, cars, great food,the list is endless. Happy Easter!

Mamen said...

PRECIOSO EL QUILT
SALUDOS DESDE ESPAÑA,MAMEN

PamKittyMorning said...

I'm bummed I can't see what's on tv. I probably couldn't see it from your sewing chair either, TOO FAR AWAY. I normally don't actually watch, my tv is behind me when I am at the machine, so mostly I listen to crime fighting.

Love the new quilt. Makes me wish I was patient enough to applique.

Blog Archive