Sunday, January 22, 2012

Repeat


Have you ever made the same quilt twice? A slightly different quilt the second time around. I have. Many times, and no, I don't get bored. I guess it would if all I did was the same quilt over and over, but I don't. I enjoy the process of stitching, it usually doesn't matter what, so I guess that's way it doesn't bother me much. A few years ago I made this quilt and it appeared in our first book, Folk Art Friends.
Unfortunately, Folk Art Friends is out of print. You still might be able to find it on Amazon and EBay as used. I'm doing this quilt again, as a commission, with several changes. First, it's going to be blue and gold, not red and gold and second, it's going to be a golden retriever quilt, not an Airedale. Here is a finished block.
It's good to have a project to stitch on while I am designing new quilts for our next fabric collection. Sometimes the designing process is easy and fast and I can't believe I can get all bunched up about it. Then sometimes, well it's like procrastination and dread all wrapped up in an inferiority complex. This designing binge is sort of in between.

Hope you all have something nice to stitch on.

Remember to listen to us tomorrow at 4pm EST on American Patchwork & Quilting Radio - hosted by Pat Sloan - the hardest working woman in the quilt industry.

Laurie


7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love the new version too that is a wonderful book. Our library does have that book and I want to make the ark quilt in it.

Debbie

Carrie said...

Oh. My. Gosh. OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh! You're making a Golden Retriever quilt?!?

Mine. Mine. Mine. :)

Pat Sloan doesn't sleep. Either that or she's figured out that cloning thing and she's keeping it to herself. The thing is, why is it that when she works, it doesn't look or sound like work? She's having WAY too much fun to be "working".

I look forward to the show! Good luck! Is it proper to say "break a leg" before a radio show?

Signed ~ Another face made for radio. :)

pdudgeon said...

awww, what a cute quilt! never seen an airdale quilt or a golden quilt before, but you've done a great job with both.

lovetostitch said...

I do have that first book, and have thought of making it into a maltese - sure have, have the sketch - hee, hee!! Loved the show, and only wish I had time to be the hooker I want to be, but... Looking forward to adding to my M & S collection!!

gloria g. said...

O M G, how adorable......I need to do a border collie with black and white! Thanks for the ideas.

gloria g. South Carolina

Sandy said...

I do love that Golden quilt.
I think we could use a pattern...hint... for us Golden fans! I have a three legged Golden and she at least should have a Golden pillow made by her mistress. Thanks as always for the great blogs.

pdudgeon said...

lol ok, how about equal time for cats?
but seriously, i was just pawing thru my M&S jelly rolls last night, and found that i've been able to collect 7 of them so far.
missing the Winter one, but if it's still out there i'll find it!
Say, that's an idea....how about a Winter II collection for us die hard Minick & Simpson fans who missed it the first time around!

Blog Archive