Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year - New Projects


It's a new year and I find I'm itching for a new project.  A little appliqué.  A quick peruse through the scrap bin and the palette quickly emerges.  The inspiration is all those many monochromatic sewing baskets, bags, boxes, made in the Japanese style.  You know, kind of like these, but not nearly so well done I will wager to say.
 

The above picture is from the book Daily Quilt 101 (all the rest of the wording on the cover is in Japanese - so it could say a lot more - your guess is as good as mine).

Did you happen to get a new calendar as a holiday gift?  Below are the appearances Polly and I will make this year.....mark on your calendar and try to stop by.

February:  Polly will be in Sarasota Florida at a hook-in on February 22.  Unfortunately, this is sold out, but try to make reservations for next February.  This is quite the popular event.

March:  Polly will be in Sebring Florida the 23rd, 24th, and the 25th.   There are still openings here.  Click on "Sebring" above to email the coordinator of the event.  Polly raves about the accommodations!

April:  On the 12th, 13th, and 14th I will be in Petoskey Michigan at the Little Traverse Bay Quilt Guild.  I  will do a lecture and trunk show at the guild and teach.  Also in April, both Polly and I will go back to West Linn Oregon and teach at HollyHill Quilt Shoppe.  Those dates have not yet been nailed down yet - but I expect within a week or so - we will have it.

May:  All you shop owners and employees can find us in Moda Land at the 2012 Spring International Quilt Market.    Immediately following that both Polly and I have special things planned - but they have to remain a secret for just awhile longer.

June:  In June, Polly and I will travel to Iowa and join Heidi Kaisand at her shop Hen and Chicks for a retreat.  Again the dates haven't been nailed down - but we should have them very soon.

July:  July takes Polly back to Nantucket for her show and some classes at the Nantucket Historical Association 1800 House.  It will be the last week in July.  The NHA doesn't have it's 2012 classes up yet - but keep checking their website.

August:  August 12th through 18th will find both Polly and I are at Sauder Village for their rug hooking week.  This is a must for all you rug hookers - great show, lots of classes, and mega vending!  I will even teach a class!

The rest of 2012 is still in flux.   We'll post more when we know.  Hope to see you all.

Laurie

 

5 comments:

Glenn Dragone said...

I can't wait to see what cool new applique quilt you dream up!

badlandsquilts said...

Would gladly drive to Iowa...hope there isn't a baseball tourney that weekend!

Sue said...

I would love to see you in Petoskey. I'm about three hours south of there :/

Enjoy the new year!

WoolenSails said...

I never did get a calendar, and even hit the bookstore after christmas and nothing I liked. I love the japanese style and have a couple of books, now I need to figure them out.

Debbie

Michele P said...

I am looking forward to more info regarding the retreat in Iowa. I hope to see you there.

Blog Archive