Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Winners and More of the Cupcake Scandal

Wow! Thanks everyone for visiting and commenting on our day of the Moda Country Fair Blog Hop. That sure was fun. Before we get to the Prairie Paisley II winners, Polly wanted to clarify a couple of things...

" I was always envious of my friends who lived on the beautiful farms around our village. I spent many a day with them and loved it all. In summer, when I visited, they had lots of help getting in their crops and their lunches were like our Thanksgiving Dinner. The kitchen bustled with activity and great treats came from their ovens. I tried to be like them, but have to admit I was a dismal failure. The real reason for joining 4H was to go to 4H camp. Also, I was not clear with Laurie on the cupcakes, it was only 3 white cupcakes without frosting, that would have been another great disadvantage for me - as it was before frosting mix or canned frosting. That would have been a deal breaker. As it was, I only wanted to compete the best way I knew how - not to scam the judges. "

Good Job, Polly! You had a "can-do" attitude from start.

I have a little news too. Did anyone else make it to Target yesterday morning. I had a doctor's appointment at 7:45 and went immediately afterward - about 8:30. I was too late. The doors of Target opened at 8am and by the time I got there - nothing much was left except for a cloud of dust. The great Missoni for Target collection was a great success. The racks were empty.

Scavenging around the racks I did find one thing I came for. Socks.

Hey, I'm happy. They are great socks! I do wish I could have gotten some of the other goodies though. Did anyone get lucky?

Speaking of luck - here are our winners for the Prairie Paisley II pre-cuts!
The winner of the Fat 8th Bundle is - Trudy

Trudy said...

The cake story brought back memories of the way my Nan cooked too. I loved her bear paw cookies. She passed away when I was 10 and years later I asked for her recipe and the family all laughed because Nan had bought the boxed cookies and put them on a plate. Now I can enjoy "NAN'S COOKIES" still. Cute Project.

The winner of the Layer Cake is Patty K

The winner of the Jelly Roll is Laura

Laura said ~ "What a hoot that the cake mix won the prize :) Thanks for the chance to win some of your beautiful fabric."


Ladies, email me here and I will get the fabric out to asap!


And please remember to visit Joanna over at Fig Tree and see what she has prepared for you.

Laurie


5 comments:

sunflower cottage said...

I did Target online and everything sais out of stock ...hmm the same thing happened with Liberty of London stuff...

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Congratulations to these lucky ladies!

Happy Stitching!!!

Gale

kshackabq said...

Ohhhh . . . nice socks!! Congrats to the winners!

Rosa said...

Congratulations to the winner and happy quilting!!

Janet said...

Also, wanted to clarify another fabric line I have of yours was not Bar Harbor as I stated previously, but American Primer which I absolutely love. Thanks for your fun blog and love your fabric.

Blog Archive