Saturday, August 20, 2011

Visits, Quiltmania, and Other Stuff

Yesterday was not turning out well. I won't go into all of it, but one of the factors was that the expected delivery of our next fabric collection did not happen. (Top Secret for a couple more days!!) It's looking good for Monday, though. So, because of that, other things on the schedule got changed. In the midst of all the hubbub, I got a phone call. It was Barb and Mary of Me and My Sister fame! They were 45 miles away and we NEEDED to get together for lunch. Of course we did! This is outside of Zingerman's Roadhouse. That's good eating, people. Here is Mary with one of the robots that are starting to materialize downtown.I'd tell you more, but soon Barb will blog about it on their blog - and it will be funnier and have better pictures, so if I were you, I'd just wait.

What else? We had a bit of a thrill this week. I got my issue of Quiltmania!I have been a rabid fan of this magazine since I picked up a copy a few years ago. This glorious French publication is a never ending source of inspiration. This issue just happened to have a Minick and Simpson favorite - the Chippewa Nine Patch. Thanks Quiltmania!

Since the new fabric isn't here I have been working on the Hawaiian quilt. It is going pretty fast actually. I'm about 1/3 done. I have some of the flower buds on (but not the flowers yet)Next week look for some sneak peeks of the new fabric line and some more Victory Girls!

Laurie

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh gosh, remember S&H Green stamp stores??? Can't wait to see the new line, darn that delivery man!!
Wendy

Sue said...

I am a huge fan of the Quiltmania magazine too. Haven't found an issue I did not like!

I couldn't help but notice the glider the ladies were sitting on in the first photo. Had one just like that when I was a kid only it was orange :D
Good memories.

Megan said...

So jealous that you live near Zingerman's! I always drool over their catalog when it arrives.

Kathie said...

omgosh, memories of S and H green stamps when I was a kid it was great going with my mom to cash in those books of stamps!
oh love the flag can't wait to see more!
can't wait to get each issue of quiltmania either, what a great magazine, I love seeing the houses they photograph of quilters and quilt collectors.
good luck with your schedule the next 2 months till market.
Love your applique hawaiian quilt, have always wanted to make one of those.
kathie

PamKittyMorning said...

Ack jealous!!! You AND my fav sisters. At lunch.

Janet said...

I love the quilt you have in Quiltmania. Congratulations! I am so impressed you have 1/3 of that applique done already - you must sew in your sleep :0) It looks beautiful!

pat sloan said...

you got to eat with Barb and Mary!! I Adore them as much as I adore you and Polly!!!! smooches!

Anonymous said...

Laurie,
I think I saw the Quiltmania before you did. I got my copy at Barnes and Noble. Love your quilt. In fact I sent an email to Polly and I think she forwarded it to you. I love the fiesta colors in the quilt. Also love the Fiesta Ware quilt in applique.
tp

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh!! I just had a flash back about wetting the S & H green stamps with a sponge and pasting them into books for my grandmother. She had shoeboxes full of completed books.

Blog Archive