Monday, August 29, 2011

PATIENCE



Oh My! If you only knew how long it took me to post this picture. You would all feel very sorry for me. It's started last Wednesday when my 8 year old, decrepit computer caught a virus. If you are in my email contacts, you probably already know this. Everyone got a lovely spam advertising male enhancement pills. I am so sorry. If it makes you feel better, that computer is now sitting in lots of little pieces in the back of my car, waiting to go to the recycle center. I am now blogging on my new iMac! It's wonderful, except for a few glitches. Like all my photos got transferred over into separate files instead of my well used, well known PC files. It took only about an hour to find this. No fear, lots of iMac classes are scheduled, so I should be up to snuff shortly. Anyways, this is from another quilt in the Victory Girls book. Polly found some vintage embroidered kitchen towels with kitty images on them. All of them referred to the home front during WWII. Since gas was rationed, biking was a necessity. The original towels were in a group of seven - like days of the week. We came up with 2 more images and reworked them into this quilt
Glenn, from Yarn + Needle did the stitching for us. Thanks, Glenn! I then put them together with some string pieced blocks, (Very recycle friendly that string piecing!) and came up with this.

Oh, and have you heard about a Moda Designer Blog Hop that will be starting soon? I'll have more later. After my class, when I learn how find photos.

Laurie

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable quilt. Love the strings.

Darlis

Sharon S said...

You'll love the i mac once you get used to it. Use my daughter's when I visit her. Cutest quilt ever! Looking forward to the book.

Library Gal Quilts said...

What a cute block and thanks for posting! I too have an imac and I'll tell ya, start out right and get those photos into events or folders asap. If you don't then you have a big glob of photos you can't really find easily. I have a pc at work and frankly, I think it's easier to do photos on it. Always thought the mac would be more intuitive but, hmmm...not really.

beth said...

I sure like the strings you used around each motif. Very effective! I noticed one of the string triangles is going a different way. Fun!

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh I love this!!! Can't wait to see your new book!

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

So sorry about your computer, but so glad you found a new one! :-) I love this quilt too! Thanks for the photo's! :-)

Asiyah said...

I was wondering why I started getting that spam in my junk folder. Thankfully, I have a Mac and have never (knock on wood) gotten a virus.

Cute quilt!

Carrie said...

Congratulations on your new iMac!

But promise me that you won't get too techie. I need the company here in Technotwitville!

The quilt is gorgeous. Of course. I am really looking forward to seeing the book! Can't you do something about speeding up that printing thing? :)

Ter'e said...

Oh be still my heart. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. Lovely, just lovely.
Running to order my signed copy of the book!
:-)

Gretchen said...

I can't wait for your new book. I already want to make every project that you have "sneak peeked" on your blog :)

Hildy said...

First thnaks for the suprise gife I won last time! It arrived yesterday and I'm still grinning and thinking of the best way to use it;-)
And I love your kitty quilt because I love cats and the colors are just beautiful.
Greetings from germany
Hildy

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt. The embroideries are adorable! Now I REALLY can't wait for the book to come out!!!
~Joyce in MI

TheLazyQuilter said...

Love love love those kitties! Very cute quilt :)

Smith of Male Enhancement said...

So cute. I like the art you compose for this stuff. Job well done...

JoLynn Self said...

Would love to have the pattern or know the name to this one. Reminds me of candy corn or spin tops.

Really Nice.....

Blog Archive