Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hello, Anybody Here?

We're still here. We have never taken this long of a blog break before. It won't happen again. Things are just a bit busy here. There were family get-togethers and summer celebrations and even some work.

Thursday Bill, myself, and Rachel and Michael went to a Tiger's game. Rachel and Michael are my my great niece and nephew and Polly's grandkids.Don't ask about the game. I think we went to the only loss they had this week. What else..... A package arrived with some goodies from the Moda warehouse. If I were you, I would expect a giveaway very soon.

I have been writing - a lot. That will be for some future posts. I also started a little project for a gift. It's an Hawaiian style quilt. I have made several before and I love to make them as it is all hand applique and hand quilting - the perfect travel project. You do need a window of several days for the prep work. When my current writing project is done in the next 2 days, I hope to baste this thing. All I need is a very large flat surface, a bottle of Roxanne's applique glue, and maybe a good movie playing in the background.More on the Hawaiian quilt later.......

The good news is that our next book is getting very close to it's publication date. So close, that we have been given the go-ahead to let you have a few peeks. The book is called Victory Girls: Patriotic Quilts and Rugs of WWII. It will be published by Kansas City Star books. Here is one of Polly's wonderful rugs....
Polly's rug is her interpretation of the border of my quilt - which you can see a bit here.Thanks for stopping by. There will be more posts of Hawaiian quilt basting, more peeks at Victory Girls, and even some give-aways.

Laurie

23 comments:

Amy said...

Looking forward to the release of your book!

Wendy said...

Yes, we are still here!!LOL.
Love the peeks of the new quilt and rug, please post when you get ready to baste your Hawaiian quilt. I actually enjoy the basting process, and have found that everyone has their own little ways of doing it.
Have a great Sunday,
Wendy

Cathy said...

Looking forward to the new book. Love the quilts. Love the Tigers. I think they have a chance this year. Hugs

pdudgeon said...

WOW! I love sneek peaks, and these are georgeous!!!

WoolenSails said...

I have a few of your books, I love how you both contribute to it with quilting and rug hooking. Since I do both, it is nice to be able to make things that coordinate with each other.

Debbie

Betweens said...

Waving from Toronto!! I think this summer has everyone on the run just glad you are healthy and having a great time with some stitches in between.
Just love the sneak peaks and can`t wait for the new book.
Also would love to see your Hawian quilt. I love take along projects but like you say it is the prep work that needs some home time.
Blue Jays are our home team and do remember their last time they won the big season...LOL

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What fabulous peaks of Victory Girls! Great projects.

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Welcome back! Loved the peeks! Have a happy day!

Life In A Pink Bunny Suit said...

Goodies! Love goodies!

Pam P said...

Hooray!! Your books are always so inspiring!And I just love Polly's rugs and hmmmmm . . . haven't we seen those berries somewhere before??!? I love the candy canes in the flower centers :) Awesome!

Kathy Brown said...

Oh my goodness Laurie - can't WAIT for the new book!! Dad was a Lt Commander in WWII - Pacific Fleet - so this will be a very special addition to my library!!

Carol Sc said...

I am so looking forward to your book --- love the border that you showed! As for the Tigers --- oh well, they have been winning --- some are bound to see a losing game. I've gotten so smug --- figure if Verlander is pitching, it is a win --- they tried to change that thought last night!

debbie said...

Hi- glad you're back! OOH a new book, the sneak peeks are beautiful! Always glad to have a book with gorgeous pics of projects that I can pretend I may really make one day! LOL! Debbie :)
( I think I have all of yours & Polly's books)! LOVE them.

Anonymous said...

The quilt is awesome! I love all those berries. The rug is beautiful too. I can't wait for your book to come out!
~Joyce in MI

SharoninStitches said...

Can't wait!! Looks wonderful! Go Tigers!

Hildy said...

What a beautiful border! Hope that you will show us the whole quilt soon.
Hildy

Jana said...

What a fabulous peak of your new quilt. I also love all those berries and the rug looks beautiful too. Great projects! I can't wait for your book to come out!
Jana

Majid Ali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janet said...

Thanks for the peek! Your applique border is fabulous and I love how you've quilted it! I can't wait to see the whole quilt!

mascanlon said...

Love the peeks...that border is stunning and I learning to rug hook is on my bucket list! And we have been enjoying baseball too...Angel fans though....love em!

Alice said...

I'm loving that rug ~ can't wait!

NEEDLE BENDER said...

Wow, just beautiful work--I can't wait for your book. I've always wanted to do a Hawaiian quilt; I'll be watching to hopefully get some tips.

Ter'e said...

You girls do the most wonderful work. Such a beautiful compliment to one another.

I had to blow the picture up so I culd really see Polly's center flower. ASTOUNDINGLY GORGEOUS!!!!! Love all the use of the reds. The blue wool was beautiful too.........is this a JBenjamin wool? Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful.
Cannot wait to get my hands on the book.

You girls are TOPS in my book!!!!!
xoxoxoxo

Blog Archive